Reviews Categories | Microphones | ICOM HM-151 for IC-7000/7100 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM HM-151 for IC-7000/7100
ICOM HM-151 for IC-7000/7100 Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $99.00
Description: Remote control microphone supplied with and for exclusive use with IC-7000 & 7100
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com

You can write your own review of the ICOM HM-151 for IC-7000/7100.

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2008 19:09 Send this review to a friend
I Echo These Comments  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchassed my IC 7000 at the 2007 Dayton Hamvention. When I first examined the mic, it looked more like an extra cost accessory, given all the remote control functions, back lighting, etc. Yes, it is a bit light weight, however... HF on air tests produced great reports. Yes, I had to adjust mic gain and compression but isn't that what controls are there for? I used the radio/mic combination briefly on FM and received positive reports on several repeaters. One guy on our Thursday night 2 meter (when I run a TS-2000) FM net uses the '7000 with the stock mic and sounds like everyone else on the net, great.

I don't understand the need for the popular aftermarket modification. I've read the testimonials and have seen the video on YouTube. If it works, don't fix it.

K8DXX

WA3CCI Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2008 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Works exactly as advertised  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This mike does the job it was designed for. Many over the air unsolicited comments confirm this. Like any other mike/radio combination it remains for the operator to adjust the mic gain for the enviorment & operating conditions it is used in.