Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Super Antennas YP-3 Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for Super Antennas YP-3 Yagi
Super Antennas YP-3 Yagi Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $495.00
Description: Portable 6-band 20m - 6m portable 3 element Yagi antenna by W6MMA.
More info: http://newsuperantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the Super Antennas YP-3 Yagi.

KG6YRG Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2008 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased with the YP-3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is easy to assemble and erect. It is well-built even though light-weight. It flexes a bit in the wind, but this motion does not seem to affect the signal. I would recommend this antenna for anyone needing a portable HF+6 yagi. I use mine with a 33-ft tip-up mast on a base held down under a vehicle tire.

K6FED Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2008 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Some what pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with the previous comments, the antenna is well constructed and assembles in minutes. I also purchased the 15 ft tripod that allows me to have the antenna up and down in minutes. I've had many successful contacts on 20 meters but have yet to use it on the other bands. I ordered it from Superantenna.com over the phone and received it within a few days. The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of a 5 is because the assembly instructions were lacking in detail and a second or third generation copy of a copy and not the blue book depicted in the photo.

W6AWS Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2008 19:58 Send this review to a friend
Thumbs Up!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The River City ARCS (N6NA) used the YP-3 portable Yagi antenna for Field Day this year. Vern W6MMA brought 2 of them for us to use. We operated 20m and 15m with them. Upon initial inspection, I was impressed with the packaging. Everything fits nicely in the supplied case. Assembly was also very easy and quick. Assemble the antenna while refering to the supplied dimmensions for the band you wish to operate and in a matter of minutes you are ready to go. We used the 21 foot telescoping mast that Vern also offers. During Field Day, both antennas worked extremely well. The antennas operated flawlessly for Field Day and as a bonus, we made contact with 2 stations in Australia.

I believe this is a great product for someone who is looking for a portable beam that is quick and easy to set up. Quality is excellent, Packaging is excellent, and Performance is excellent. Highly Recommended!

AB0JM Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2008 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Great portable Yagi  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Initial review; more to follow. I received my YP-3 yesterday. Within 15 minutes of getting it out of the box, I had inventoried it and assembled it for 20M CW, put it on my tower, and was on the air. Great SWR out of the box using the dimensions provided and 579+ reports from contacts. The first CQ I sent out was answered. Within 2 hours I had 30 contacts in 16 states and 4 DX countries in South America on 20M. The YP-3 is well constructed and very easy to assemble. I could not be more pleased. A great product!