Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Super Antennas YP-3 Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for Super Antennas YP-3 Yagi
Super Antennas YP-3 Yagi Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $495.00
Description: Portable 6-band 20m - 6m portable 3 element Yagi antenna by W6MMA.
More info: http://newsuperantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the Super Antennas YP-3 Yagi.

KC0ZRX Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2009 11:21 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just returned from vacation in the mountains of Wyoming. Ran 100 W into the YP-3 amd made contacts into Europe (England, Germany, Italy) and throughout the US and Canada on 20 and 17 meters. A cleverly designed portable antenna that performs well.

K4SSU Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2009 14:04 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got my YP-3 antenna at Dayton this year and took it with me on our family vacation to Costa Rica,Central Amarica. It was very easy to assemble. I was on the air in about 25 minutes after taking it out of the carry bag. I was running 100 watts but had huge European and US pileups. I even worked a VU station in India with a 59 report on 20 meters.

This antenna is perfect for this kind of fun or field day or maybe a state QSO party from a rare county. I sure am glad I bought it.

N2RRA Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2009 00:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Portable yagi!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have to agree with all other posts!

Purchased it last year some time in March of 2008. Used it during the 2008 Field Day event and ran some test after. Results we excellent and compared it to a full sized 3 element tri-band yagi. It was at 30 ft. and the YP-3 at about 20ft. Results after asking 4 state side stations in 4 corners of the U.S. two giving me the same signal report on both at 599 and the other two giving me 1 S-unit less on the YP-3. Not bad!

A couple of weeks later was working a station in South Africa with a 599 then got a call from a station state side in Colorado. He reported a 549 off the back and when I turned it to him signal shot up to 589. Showed great front to back on that day and increase in gain.

Highly recommend it for portable use and love it. Normally can be heard using it on a tripod 15' off the ground, 100 watts and the IC-7000.

73!

KG6YRG Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2008 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased with the YP-3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is easy to assemble and erect. It is well-built even though light-weight. It flexes a bit in the wind, but this motion does not seem to affect the signal. I would recommend this antenna for anyone needing a portable HF+6 yagi. I use mine with a 33-ft tip-up mast on a base held down under a vehicle tire.

K6FED Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2008 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Some what pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with the previous comments, the antenna is well constructed and assembles in minutes. I also purchased the 15 ft tripod that allows me to have the antenna up and down in minutes. I've had many successful contacts on 20 meters but have yet to use it on the other bands. I ordered it from Superantenna.com over the phone and received it within a few days. The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of a 5 is because the assembly instructions were lacking in detail and a second or third generation copy of a copy and not the blue book depicted in the photo.

W6AWS Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2008 19:58 Send this review to a friend
Thumbs Up!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The River City ARCS (N6NA) used the YP-3 portable Yagi antenna for Field Day this year. Vern W6MMA brought 2 of them for us to use. We operated 20m and 15m with them. Upon initial inspection, I was impressed with the packaging. Everything fits nicely in the supplied case. Assembly was also very easy and quick. Assemble the antenna while refering to the supplied dimmensions for the band you wish to operate and in a matter of minutes you are ready to go. We used the 21 foot telescoping mast that Vern also offers. During Field Day, both antennas worked extremely well. The antennas operated flawlessly for Field Day and as a bonus, we made contact with 2 stations in Australia.

I believe this is a great product for someone who is looking for a portable beam that is quick and easy to set up. Quality is excellent, Packaging is excellent, and Performance is excellent. Highly Recommended!

AB0JM Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2008 07:24 Send this review to a friend
Great portable Yagi  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Initial review; more to follow. I received my YP-3 yesterday. Within 15 minutes of getting it out of the box, I had inventoried it and assembled it for 20M CW, put it on my tower, and was on the air. Great SWR out of the box using the dimensions provided and 579+ reports from contacts. The first CQ I sent out was answered. Within 2 hours I had 30 contacts in 16 states and 4 DX countries in South America on 20M. The YP-3 is well constructed and very easy to assemble. I could not be more pleased. A great product!