Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | ScQRPion Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for ScQRPion Paddle
ScQRPion Paddle Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$32/$29.00
Description: Small Paddle Kit
More info: http://www.azscqrpions.org

You can write your own review of the ScQRPion Paddle.

NC4RT Rating: 4/5 Jul 22, 2013 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Cute, but small  Time owned: more than 12 months
These do the job they promise to do... they are easy to put together, small in footprint, and do a nice job.

Not the most tightly machined paddles you'll ever owned, but perhaps the most elegantly simple. And the brass is nice and solid.

The base comes with 4 of those semi-spherical clear plastic feet... I don't find they stay in position on my desk very well. You need something there, to give clearance to the wiring, which runs beneath the base plate. I constructed a little jig with some molding to hold the paddle unit in place, yet let it pop out for portable use, and it now sits solidly on my desk.

Negatives: the spring is lightweight, giving a maximum sending speed in the 20-25 wpm range I should think. I also expect it to lose force at some point, althought it has not so far.

WA3SLN Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2008 08:22 Send this review to a friend
Nice little fun paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great little paddle. Fun to build and use. Bought it to use with my IC-703+ at the cabin, FD etc. It's a lot easier to build if you just look at the pictures online but comes with instruction. Can't go wrong for 30 bucks. Mike WA3SLN