Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | Autek Research QF-1 Help

Reviews Summary for Autek Research QF-1
Autek Research QF-1 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Audio Filter
More info: http://www.autekresearch.com/index.htm

You can write your own review of the Autek Research QF-1.

N0XE Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2012 08:32 Send this review to a friend
Great filter period  Time owned: more than 12 months

Have had many of these filters off and on for years, never once a break down and can't comment on customer service as never needed to contact them but all in all for the money you can't beat adding this filter to your station especially if you own a vintage radio, Learn how to adjust it and if you do it right it will amaze you on what a difference it can make, I know of modern EME stations who still use this old filter, must be a reason considering what is now availalbe in the modern DSP world, the filter has no delay and no funny sounding artifacts like so many others. 73 Jim N0XE

VE3CUI Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2011 11:19 Send this review to a friend
In A Word: EXCELLENT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my QF-1 brand new some 34 years ago now...it's been a wonderful adjunct to my low band CW station in pursuit of elusive weak-signal DX.

KM5Q Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2008 20:47 Send this review to a friend
30 years, still works great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got one in 1977 and built it into a speaker enclosure for my Ten Tec Triton IV. I've been ham-active only about 5% of the time since then, but it still works perfectly. I leave it on almost all the time, CW and SSB. Wouldn't be without it for a vintage rig. I added a on/off-bypass switch so it's in/out smoothly.

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2007 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Neat Little Gizmo  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found this little gizmo on ebay ( cheap ) and i was taken back by the station that i could not normally make contact with that this QF-1A just bring them to the surface.

W2RDD Rating: 4/5 Aug 2, 2007 06:42 Send this review to a friend
Nice outboard filter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine used, god knows where or when, but it was years ago. I continue to use it with nice results. Right now with my FT-817ND. I have a cw filter in the little Yaesu but find the QF-1 peak and notch controls very handy in my all-QRP CW operating. So far the components haven't broken down and I, too, gave it a good contact spraying. I give it a 4 rating only because the filter cannot be bypassed. You turn it off, dead air. It must be disconnected from the rig in order to bypass. Not a problem for me as my phones are always plugged in with the filter controls in a sort of neutral position.

If you find one at a reasonable price, take a chance.

K4SAR Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2007 06:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently picked up a QF1 from an estate sale, and after applying a touch of contact cleaner to the controls was amazed at how well it works. Very weak signals in crowded band conditions are much, much more readable. Notch and low pass work very well.

AB7JK Rating: 1/5 Jan 22, 2007 16:08 Send this review to a friend
Too old - bad xformers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These filters can be found cheap on Ebay. Trouble is they are so old they break down quickly and the transformer is usually the first thing to go. Otherwise the transistors break into to self oscillation. Both result in a loud buzz. Save your hard earned money.

W0NBP Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2006 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent CW Tool  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is one of the best audio filters for pulling CW out of the mud I have ever seen. It also cleans up SSB very well too. I have used the DSP by r/shak and this Autek filter is twice the device the DSP is. When QSB is really bad you can notch this down so narrow you don't hear nothing but the beat.

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2006 16:16 Send this review to a friend
$15 at a swapmeet  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Dirty, and the noise when I powered it up almost blew the cans out. A little spray and cleanup later, and copying the weak ones on CW became much easier.

I have the narrow CW filter in the Yaesu FT-890; this little unit adds another dimension, particularly for peaking weak signals. Find one, do a little cleanup work (after all, these things are 30+ years old), and enjoy!

W6TNI Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2006 20:25 Send this review to a friend
best buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
70S TECH DOES ITS JOB. I HAVE USED SEVERAL DSP UNITS IN THE PAST, AND NOT ONE WORKS AS WELL ON SSB AS THIS FINE PRODUCT. USING WITH A KENWOOD TS 520. WANT TO HEAR A SIGNAL POOP OUT? GET A AUTEC QF-1. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. BOB W6TNI