Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs QRP 4:1 Balun Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs QRP 4:1 Balun
Balun Designs QRP 4:1 Balun Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$46.95
Description: Small, very well made 4:1 Balun for QRP operation. Handles 400 watts.
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com/servlet/the-71/QRP-4-cln-1-Balun--dsh-Teflon/Detail

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs QRP 4:1 Balun.

KC9TNH Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2011 06:44 Send this review to a friend
Best antenna $$ spent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Home brewed 80m OCF dipole; and this balun was the most expensive piece of the project (and it isn't really), and by far the BEST money thrown at it. Completely pleased with the capability it lends to an OCF. It has been through the spring T-storm season, as well as the worst part of a WI winter and still trucking.

I will absolutely be getting another to toss in the go-bag; more likely this one will go in the bag & I'll get another more robust model for the town location, and the "QRP" example (right, 400w ha) wll lend some more flexibility to the speaker wire wrapped up next to the QRP set.

Phenomenal service, and straightforward advice from someone who has walked the talk.

KV4AN Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2010 12:36 Send this review to a friend
PERFECT FOR PORTABLE OCF DIPOLE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I built a portable off-center-fed dipole (30 - 6 meters) for my FT-817 and needed a 4:1 balun for the feed-point. There were several others available for less cost, but none were small like this. I got the one with wing nuts and the whole antenna fits into a gallon zip-lock bag. Perfect for the FT-817. I strung it between a couple trees in my backyard and in a short time worked Mass, Conn, and NY on 20, 12, and 10 meters while patio-portable QRP. This is the second balun I purchased from this American company and they are worth the little extra money. Product support is outstanding too.

W7LRY Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2009 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The first thing I did was take the cover off the balun and check quality. It is built very very well. The price is good also. I couldn't buy the parts to make one for what this cost. And that doesn't count the labor time and shipping for the materials. This is a great little balun to take traveling or backpacking with that QRP rig. I plan to use mine with a portable delta loop and the IC-703 plus QRP rig.

W2JAZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2008 08:39 Send this review to a friend
First Class Build  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It may be premature to post a review but I couldn't help but comment. I couldn't believe how helpful and responsive the designer was in providing me with the guidance I needed to make the right choice based on my anticipated use. He is honest and represents what the Ham community wants and deserves in a vendor. Once I placed the order it was a matter of days before I received delivery. The build quality is outstanding and he provides a helpful list of suggestions about use and weathering. Prices are fair and not inflated. I'll report back once I've actually put the balun in use on a Super Loop design.

WA6FX Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2008 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Very well made light weight 4:1 QRP Balun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I contacted Bob about my need for a small 4:1 QRP balun with something more versitale than studs to connect my wire antennas to (some of my antennas terminate to bannana plugs). I suggested binding posts, he liked the idea so much he added this balun to his regular lineup. The balun arrived promptly and is beautifully made. Perfect for what I need! Oh yeah, and it works perfectly too.