Reviews Categories | Voice Keyers | Argent Data Systems ADS-SR1 Simplex Repeater Help

Reviews Summary for Argent Data Systems ADS-SR1 Simplex Repeater
Argent Data Systems ADS-SR1 Simplex Repeater Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $89.00
Description: "The ADS-SR1 is a multi-function simplex repeater, voice mailbox, and voice
announcement system."
More info: http://argentdata.com

You can write your own review of the Argent Data Systems ADS-SR1 Simplex Repeater.

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2012 00:06 Send this review to a friend
Great unit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one to use for announcements on my repeaters! I love it!

Setup was easy, voice quality is great! I wish I had found these years ago!

VE5SAR Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This unit is the one to get! I purchased the Radio-Tone unit from the Hong Kong vendor on eBay. It "worked" - but had one major issue and two shortcomings. First, the voice quality was very poor. I don't know if it was the sampling rate or the quantization level, but it is poor, in my opinion. The first shortcoming was that the unit sometimes triggered my Relm MPV32 radio into cycling into an endless transmit loop - there is no way to customize the settings. The second shortcoming continues with the options - there are very few configurable menu items. In short - it works, but it's not reliable or flexible.

So I decided to try the ADS-SR1, and right out of the box it worked. I was able to customize the incoming audio signal levels from the radio interface, and the recorded audio sounds GREAT! Certainly as good as 3.5KHz of audio bandwidth is going to take. Second, the device is very flexible in programming options. I won't use many at all, but the key ones to customize the squelch tail sounds and prevent cycling with the transmitter are key. In fact, I barely had to tune them - they came factory set at very usable values.

Well done. Well built.

KB9WSL Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2011 00:02 Send this review to a friend
Every Ham should have one  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is one slick simplex repeater. It has many useful features and functions.It is simple to program and comes with an easy to read and understand manual. The best feature in my opinion is the ability to upload the free firmware updates from Argent Data Systems when they are released. I bought my unit a few years ago from ADS at the Dayton Hamvention. The ADS folks are very helpful and answer all of your questions. I have had my simplex repeater on the air a few times..and it's a great back-up to my regular duplex repeater. I highly recommend it.

N1YPS Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2011 19:36 Send this review to a friend
A great addition for your GO BOX.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I actually read the manual - and enjoyed it! Then I made myself a cable from a spare RJ45, hard wired it to my TR7950, and presto, a working repeater. I used a 3.5mm and a 2.5mm audio cable, plus a RJ45 junction box ($5 at Home Depot) and now it works with my IC-T7A. Unlike other simplex repeaters, this one IS controlled by DTMF buttons from a remote transceiver... with your own security code. The ADS SR1 also has voice and CW ID. I plan to use it for EMCOMM purposes.

W6RAM Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2008 20:55 Send this review to a friend
Very handy.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought an ADS-SR1 simplex repeater at Dayton, and the designer fabricated an Icom HT cable and tested it at their booth to make sure it worked. The ADS-SR1 has a lot more features than the Radio Shack simplex repeater no longer in production. So far I've used the Argent unit just as a simplex repeater, but it has many other features. The unit can be programmed with the DTMF keypad of another radio, and acknowledges commands. The sample rate is 19.2 kHz and the audio is excellent. Audio level setting is accomplished through a combination of DIP switches and fine tuning commands. The unit operates from two AA batteries or a 4-28V power supply. Check their Web site for other specs. I like gear that works, and works according to what's in the manual. This item rates a solid "5."