Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | DX Engineering Coaxial Cable Assemblies Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering Coaxial Cable Assemblies
DX Engineering Coaxial Cable Assemblies Reviews: 55 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $depends on length/connectors
Description: DX Engineering Premium Grade cable assemblies are built in Ohio with high quality Silver/Teflon crimp/solder connectors installed at each end. An adhesive lined shrink tubing is used to form a weather- resistant bond between the connector body and the coax. Each assembly is then 100% Hi-Pot high voltage tested to guarantee a quality cable assembly you can count on. DX Engineering brand cable is made in the USA to exacting specifications for the highest quality, longest reliable service. Both standard lengths and custom cable/connector assemblies are available from the DX Engineering web site.

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering Coaxial Cable Assemblies.

W8RBT Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2016 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Cables at a Great Price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought some 213 and 8X for an 80 meter loop project from DXE. The coax arrived in two days, was packaged very well and the cables themselves are some of the highest quality I've ever seen. The small, bright yellow heat shrink labels are a great touch. The show the type and length.

With DXE, I know what I'm getting (unlike the stuff on eBay or Amazon) and the price and quality cannot be beat. Buy without reservation.
W5WSS Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2016 08:51 Send this review to a friend
DXE 400 Max with newly Patented PL-259 UHF connectors  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
In a word excellent! I use a 100ft length to feed a Ground Mounted HF9V. Love it!
AA7LX Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2016 17:22 Send this review to a friend
A Great USA Company  Time owned: more than 12 months
DX Engineering Coax Cable is the best quality I've used! Used 8X coax cable in my Station since 2013. Completely now re-fitted with 8X coax. Operating now partially in the 440MHz/70cm area, I've outfitted 440MHz transceiver with 8U coax cable. Buying 95% of everything from DX Engineering; You can't go wrong. Customer Service(telephone), Shipping, and Products offered is Top Notch! 99.00 Dollars minimum total order is usually free shipping. Yes, some products are slightly higher in cost than elsewhere, But, DX Engineering will price match or better! I am a regular Customer of DX Engineering! Thank You, DX Engineering!
AA5JD Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2015 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding cables!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased RG8X coax (DXE-8X 200ft)from DX Engineering. My order shipped free and was delivered in less than 5 days. Their RG8X coax cable is a high flex with stranded center conductor. It appears to be excellent coax which is made in the USA. This is probably my fifth order of items filled by them and I will purchase all of my coax needs from them in the future.
RUSS324 Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2015 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Great cables!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I attended the MFJ day at DX Engineering this past Saturday. I live 2 miles down the street from them. They had great displays of equipment with reps to answer questions etc. They had a lot of open box type items. I purchased 10 cables of 400 with different lengths with pl 259's on them. They are very well made. Better than I seem to be able to do. I have been using their cables in my shack for quite some now. Never a problem and I run legal limit a lot. Great products and a great company to deal with.
Russ. K8QF
VE3WCQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2015 12:40 Send this review to a friend
Looks Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was my first order from DXE and I am happy so far as I just opened the box. I ordered coax, different lengths and types ( RG8X and 400MAX ).
I did not want to bother with installing the connectors as I have done them before but I figured they have done just a few more then I have and they seem to do better testing then I good. Well they look good and look to be done nicely. The packaging impressed me, Fed X guy holding a Bag with a box in the Bag and when I opened up the box Bubble packs top bottom and sides, wow just for coax. Each run was individually packed and sealed in its own bag! Then at the bottom was a catalogue and some stickers, who does not like stickers!
So far I am impressed just buy the packaging alone.

All the best!

N2CYY Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2014 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product & Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
3rd order in the last year or so. Coax is great .....all first class assembly and drop dead great shipping. Keep up the great work!
AC2JO Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2014 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Another DXE win  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
DX Engineering coax is second to none. They are my "goto guys" for cables and I am never disappointed. The cables just "feel" solid, and their performance is too.
K3AJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2014 13:33 Send this review to a friend
A No-Brainer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For several years I have been making all of my own coax assemblies using Davis RF Bury Flex and silver plated solder/crimp type connectors, with good results. I recently made up some new rotator loops to go with the new hardline I decided to install on my tower. They tested good with an ohmeter but one seems to have gone dead short after having 500W applied. So now I have to take the tower down and do it all over again. Since the rotator loops cost time and money to access, I decided to go ahead and order a polyethylene jacked 400MAX assembly from DXE. The big reason is that they are high-potential tested, which I can't do myself. What I discovered is that the DXE assembly costs about the same as the cable and connectors for home-brew would have cost me. What was I thinking, building my own for a critical, expensive to access application? Just buy from DXE. A real no-brainer.
VE3GNU Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2014 05:52 Send this review to a friend
Impressive---  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My choice was based on the Eham Reviews---and I was totally astounded with the quality---i.e. no more self-made cable-assemblies! DX Engineering is truly deserving of its reputation!