Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer/preamp/eq Help

Reviews Summary for Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer/preamp/eq
Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer/preamp/eq Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $50
Description: The XENYX 802 has 8 inputs and a FX Send control for each channel. Additionally, assignable CD/tape inputs have been incorporated for routing flexibility.
The new XENYX Mic Preamp matches the sound quality, transparency, headroom and even the dynamic range of boutique-style, stand-alone mic preamps.
More info: http://www.behringer.com/802/index.cfm?lang=ENG

You can write your own review of the Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer/preamp/eq.

YO3IBW Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2009 06:33 Send this review to a friend
It's ok, for a mixer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using this mixer in the audio chain for my Kenwood TS850s AT. The function is microphone preamp and a basic equalizer(only in the mid and low frequency's, the high 12Khz is to much to radio ssb bandwidth). Well, if you want to mix something as a mixer is doing a great job. If you want just a preamp, I'll recommend probably a Behringer Shark DSP110 (got preamp, phantom, noise gate, compression) or a dedicated mike preamp.
So, as a conclusion. Behringer Xenyx 802 it's a great mixer! :)

73's from YO3IBW Dan

GM0OTS Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2009 12:29 Send this review to a friend
GREAT VALUE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I AM RUNNING ONE OF THESE UNITS INTO ICOM IC7000 THROUGH THE BALANCED MODULATOR WITH HEIL PR40 OUTSTANDING RESULTS BRINGS THE IC7000 TO LIFE.

K8WV Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2008 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Awsome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was going to wait to review this device, but I can't. It's amazing. I've run an Icom 740 since the early '80's. I've never been happy with the audio - until now. The Xenyx 802 is the successor to the Behringer UB802 mixer.

At Dayton '08 I talked (briefly) with Bob Heil, and asked for a recommendation to improve the 740's audio. He suggested his PR781 and a Behringer 802 mixer/preamp/eq.

Today I broke a good size 20 m. pile-up on a European, with one call, running 100w to a dipole at 45 feet. The signal report was 31 to 42. But I worked him when others didn't. Credit it to the audio. Other reports have been things like "Your audio is bigger than your signal" (?), "Best 740 I've ever heard," and "Almost broadcast quality."

The 781/802 is a fine pairing. There are other devices similar to the Behringer Xenyx series mixers, but generally at a much higher price.