Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | RigExpert AA-500 Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert AA-500
RigExpert AA-500 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $675
Description: 1 to 500 MHz Antenna Analyzer with graphical display.
More info: http://www.rigexpert.com/

You can write your own review of the RigExpert AA-500.

K4BWG Rating: 4/5 Feb 14, 2012 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Analyzer  Time owned: more than 12 months
The best analyzer I have used to date. I rate it a 4 because of the proprietary rechargeable battery that always seems to be down when I want to use it. If it used AA batteries it would get a 5.

AJ6B Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2010 00:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Analyzer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this Analyzer from Array Solutions on 4/4/2010 for $660+S&H and have used the analyzer on a HF antenna and 4 mobile VHF/UHF setups.

I was looking for an analyzer that I could use on HF, 2m, 1.25m and 70cm. Of course, I looked at the MFJs, but I would have purchased at least two. I liked the feature (and have used it) two dual test an antenna on two different frequencies at the same time. Also, the speed to do a sweep is quite acceptable (4mhz in about 1.5 seconds.) I have not extracted any of the information out onto the PC yet. The unit comes with an N-connector and a PL259 to N adapter. I believe there was also a BNC adapter.

As for Array Solutions, shipping was quick and their website was painless. I was happy to find a US distributor.

KI6TRA Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2010 00:01 Send this review to a friend
Very Good and Reliable Antenna Analyzer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own the RigExpert AA-500 since more than a year now and it works absolutely marvelously! Very precise and easy to use. It's a little pricey but you pay for quality.

It would be awesome if we could use it on a Mac to transfer the graph and other data. Right now it only works on Windows.

We're using it to design our antennas at Chameleon Antenna.

Great product!

KI6TRA

VK2VAT Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2009 03:16 Send this review to a friend
Why waste time and money on anything else  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My background is more mechanical than electronic.I was delighted how easy the AA 500 could be set up and used just out of the box. Other members of our radio club are showing a keen interest in my new analyser. No it s not cheap, but neither are porsche cars. If you want the best then buy the best.
Rgs, Joe VK2VAT

G4DHF Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2008 05:37 Send this review to a friend
Experimenter's Dream  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iíve just taken delivery of the AA-500 (5MHz-500MHz) Antenna Analyser and am impressed by itís performance. These are early days, but navigating through the Menu system was intuitive and within seconds I was reading graphical displays of my home designed antennas. Analysers that include 70cm are rare and the ďalternativesĒ pale by comparison with the quality of build, user interface, ability to dump screen shots on the PC and ease of use of this device. I obtained mine from the UK importer for around £385, which although is not exactly cheap, you certainly get a lot for your money with the assurance of quality.

The analyser is truly portable and has itís own carrying case for field use. It has provision for an external 12v source, which also charges the internal battery. There is a suite of software provided on CD, which facilitates even greater flexibility when connected to a PC. The graphical displays are easily read and adjustments to centre frequency and sweep are easily implemented. The analyser is also able to read open and shorts on coaxial lines, cable length, velocity factor, stub lengths, characteristic impedance, capacitor and inductor measurement and transformers. It can also be used as an RF signal generator. I have no connection with RigExpert or any of the importers. Iím just an enthusiastic antenna experimenter who has been making do with 2nd best until this unit became available.