Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Icom F24 (commercial) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom F24 (commercial)
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $300
Description: 2/4 or 16 channel LMR, UHF handheld radio.
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/landmobile/portables/f14_series/default.aspx

You can write your own review of the Icom F24 (commercial).

KC9GMX Rating: 4/5 Jun 14, 2008 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Heavy duty HT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great radio for someone who is needing to legally transmit in several different radio services. I gave it a 4 because I am reviewing this radio from a "hams" point of view, and used as a ham radio, it is only good, not great. BUT, as a radio in general, I think it is great. I have the 16 channel model, and I find that 16 channels are all I need on UHF. The software is easy for anyone to get, and you can taylor the radio to do just about anything you want. The radio is much more flexable than any amateur radio Ive ever seen. It is a good "grab and go" radio. One feature this radio has that my F21 doesnt, is MDC1200, aka ANI. Real conversation peice on the local repeaters.
The only complaint I have with this radio is the volume and channel knobs. The channel knob is too close to the antenna, and you cant change channels with gloves on. And I have a hard time telling where my volume is set just by feel. I have to look at the knob, or turn it all the way up, then back it off.
Other than that, I love mine.