Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | N3ZI Digital Dial Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZI Digital Dial
N3ZI Digital Dial Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $10
Description: Digital operating frequency display for homebrew radios or vintage gear.
More info: http://www.pongrance.com/

You can write your own review of the N3ZI Digital Dial.

N4UN Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2013 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Worked First Time !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast shipping from N3ZI ! This is a great little kit. All through hole parts, so easy assembly.
I bought the Blue Backlit Display included version.

I am using this with my SWL SW-40+ and it makes the little radio feel like a 'Big Rig'. The PCB board is the same size as the display board, so it makes a small package.

It makes a compact frequency counter as well.

K9LWI Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2012 07:26 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT dollar value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just a few days from order till arrival. Took several weeks to get at assembly but only about an hour for assembly. This can be assembled by anyone with a good 30-50 watt iron. Download all information you can find and look at pictures if you have any questions but the circuit board has everything labeled great just do not rush. Programming is very easy, just follow the manual. I hooked up to my SX-100 in no time and with this unit there is no parallax errors and you KNOW where you are listening. Only one word GREAT!!!!! I will mount in a computer printer switch box I picked up at a thrift store for $.50, one cannot ask for more quality at all, this is an excellent value for the dollar.

W7DUZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2012 13:00 Send this review to a friend
N3ZI Digital Dial  Time owned: more than 12 months
We have used 10 or so of the bare bones experimenters kit with various displays and the combination works just great up to 80mhz ( might work beyond that too)
We retrofit two different models of HF commercial signal generators with the digital dial and LCD display. Looks great, performs flawlessly, the kit is super easy to assemble and set up.
Frequency calibration and division ratio set up is very easy !
Love this kit !

N1KK Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2012 03:29 Send this review to a friend
Easy to build  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the kit with Blue Display yesterday.
I spent about an hour building it with it working
first time on power up. The only thing I added
was 2 sockets for the ICs.

The manual was very easy to follow. The PC board
was well made indicating part locations. Just about
impossible to make a mistake.

An optional case would have been nice to save
looking around for something to fit.

I tested this on a Hammarlund SP-200. This uses
a + 465KHz offset on all bands but the 20-40MHz band. That band uses a - 465KHz. I set it up
for 2 offsets.

Ken
N1KK

W5GW Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2011 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Great kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the latest version - used it with a blue back lit LCD I had in excess from another project. Wiring was fast and good documentation in manual on the web. Calibration was easy as well.

A great value. You can see how I use this with my Swan 500C on my web site: http;//w5gw.com

EARDAN Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2011 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the kit off ebay and assembeled it. It worked like it should, high quality boards and good PDF file for assembly. If I could solder SMT I would defiantly do the DDS VFO.

F4FFE Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2010 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Fine deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got my kit and a part was missing. A few days later, Doug sent me the component. The DDS works fine and I'm ready to go ahead with my QRP project now. Thanks for the nice support.

73 / Alain

AB9NZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2009 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Superb Deal!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the full kit. It arrived two days later. The board and lcd are of very high quality. I soldered the kit together and hooked it to my Ten-Tec 40 meter qrp kit. It works fantastic. The digital readout gives the qrp radio a big rig feel. The service and quality of the digital dial is truly amazing, especially when you consider its low cost. I look forward to building more kits from N3ZI.

KI0QS Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2008 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the semi-kit and added my own discrete parts to use in a bitx20a. It worked great till something happened. I e-mailed Doug and in two hours he answered me. He asked me to send it to him and for only the cost of return postage he replaced the IC and several other parts and I had it back one week from the time I mailed it to him. I don't know how the service could be better. It's also an excellent value, regardless of which version you get. I ordered another one, the full version, and am looking forward to getting it together as an accessory for the shack.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2008 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Should be a '10'!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a large collection of boatanchors, but I have been spoiled by the accuracy of digital readouts.
Searching for an inexpensive unit, I came across the N3ZI kit. Doug has several versions of the kit. I oped for the complete kit. $30. I had it together and working in no time. The quality of the PCD is just fantastic and marked perfectly. Since there are so few parts involved, one could assemble it without instructions.
The s/w is excellent and VERY simple for even a DD (Digital Dummy) like me to understand.

I have NO connection with Doug, just a VERY happy customer!

P.S. He is about to release a version for 'Vintage Receivers".... I've already got my name in the queue...

ron