Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | N3ZI Digital Dial Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZI Digital Dial
N3ZI Digital Dial Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $10
Description: Digital operating frequency display for homebrew radios or vintage gear.
More info: http://www.pongrance.com/

You can write your own review of the N3ZI Digital Dial.

VU2AEA Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2008 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Fine Freq Meter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I buit this frequency meter using full kit from Doug. The prescaler PC board is very well designed and easy to assemble. Took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish. I made it with a prescaler to measure frequency. Testing with a crystal oscillator proved it accurate within 120 Hz. I used my FT-950 to zero beat the crystal oscillator signal as a calibration device. When used with prescaler the display updates too slowly making it not suitable for use as a dial display.

N4CCM Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2008 09:02 Send this review to a friend
Phenomenal Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For 10 bucks, the semi-kit is a great value. I bought it to add a frequency display to an SWL-40+, but it is usable as a general purpose frequency counter. The internet offers multiple pages of how to connect it to various radios old and new. The buy experience was great, also - quick communications and shipping. The documentation is excellent and the seller offers the PCB and a parts kit separately if you decide later that you want all the pieces. 73 N4CCM Cliff Evans, GA

SM2PFT Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2008 22:17 Send this review to a friend
$10 and My SW +40 got a redadout  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Phenomenal deal. It works beautifully on my Small Wonder Lab SW+ 40 after hooking it up to the buffered VFO output (pin 7 on U1 SA602 or SA612)and setting the IF to 4MHZ.

Settings are done in a blink and there is room enough on the back to dead bug build it with no issues. I fitted mine with an optional 78L05 to run it on 12V in the SW+40.

Ulf
K1ULF

KC5EJT Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2008 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a simple KIT to build a Digital Dial/ frequency counter. For $10 you get a semi kit consisting of the 3 key components, LCD display, micro, and Xtal. I supplied a handful of standard R's and C's to complete the kit. It works great exactly as advertised. At the time no PCB was available so I built mine dead bug style, but I understand a PCB is in the works for a few extra $$.