Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Castle Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for Castle Electronics
Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $Fifty Pence
Description: Castle Electronics Unit2 Village Workshops Telerrddig Road LLANERFYL POWYS SY21 0AS

New Phone nbr 01938 820880

Geoff says always call before coming to workshop !

You can write your own review of the Castle Electronics.

G4ADJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2016 11:15 Send this review to a friend
Geoff is a real star!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Last October Geoff fixed my FT817, soldering into place a new smd front panel connector socket on to the main pcb and replaced several other things I hadn't even noticed (the parts were cheap so he just went ahead and renewed them). Previously Geoff had replaced a fuse and some other components about ten years ago. It really works fine just now! He also checked over my TS2000 for audio instability that folks had reported on all bands ssb and found no problem. When back home I could definitely put this down to an earthing fault in the shack RF ground system plus a low voltage from one of the shack 12V car batteries. Geoff talked over all the problems with me and showed me the very capable facilities he has at his idyllic workshop in a very pleasant Welsh Valley. My wife and her sister were dropped off in Welshpool so they could enjoy a ride on the LLanfair and Welshpool Steam Railway while I went to see Geoff and talk serious radio business! Thanks for brilliant service, Geoff. I hope you and your business keep going for many years yet!
5B4AJG Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2015 23:55 Send this review to a friend
Thanks Geoff  Time owned: more than 12 months
Once again the service and quality of Castles is superb. I will not use anywhere else. I've already warned Geoff that he can't retire.......Who else could we trust?
Thank you again and very best wishes from Cyprus.
G3UCT Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2015 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I fully agree with the previous very positive reviews of the service that Geoff provides. He is entirely 'up front' about what he can - and can't - do and is careful to consult with the customer about options for repair. I wish that others were as good! It was a pleasure to meet him and I'm delighted to say that my old (1991) FT-1000 is now performing better than it ever did before I took it to him!
2E0AYQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2014 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Geoff is a great engineer.
very upfront with charges.
A very pleasant person to talk to.
Over the years I have sent equipment to Geoff
to be serviced and repaired and have always been very happy. He also has a up to the minute technology workshop
Highly Recommended
M0SRW Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2013 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Dx 70 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months

As usual sterling service from Geoff and work carried out on my DX70
M0RNR Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2013 01:31 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely First Class Service   Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my IC756 PROII with a low power tx fault. Diagnosed, full breakdown of parts right down to a 15p diode. Unrivaled technical knowledge, you won't find a better engineer in the business.

Thanks Geoff for restoring my faith in great small business customer service and my rig to full strength.

G6NJJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2013 11:23 Send this review to a friend
jrc repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Many thanks to Geoff for investigating and curing a fault to my JRC Transceiver, with excellent communication and breakdown of charges I can thoroughly recommend his services Merv G6NJJ
G3RXQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2013 08:31 Send this review to a friend
A Star !  Time owned: months
Geoff fixed my amplifier in super quick time. He also found and fixed a fault that I was unaware of.

Excellent communication all the way through.

I would not hesitate to recommend his services to others with equipment problems.
M0SRW Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2013 04:50 Send this review to a friend
TOP MAN FOR THE JOB   Time owned: more than 12 months
Geoff is very good at his job very polite helpful explains every thing and recommends what to do !

Top prices for a top job
G0JSJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2013 13:46 Send this review to a friend
excelent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Never used them before .Pleasant to deal with i now know where to take my equipment for diagnosis and a meaningful explanation of what the problem is ,and moreover a reasonable charge for a satisfactory repair.Many thanks Geoff.