Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond SG7200 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SG7200
Diamond SG7200 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2m/70cm Vertical Mobile Antenna with tilt-over base
More info: http://www.diamond-ant.jp/ama2/eng_ama_2_1_1.asp

You can write your own review of the Diamond SG7200.

K4NET Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2012 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna! Even for low power 220!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I FINALLY figured out this was a DIamond antenna because most fo the writing was worn off. A friend gave this to me about a year ago, and it has performed flawlessly since then on a RS-730 mount in all kinds of weather. I have a Yaesu FTM-350A/R and use it for 220 with a 1.3 SWR after some tuning. I cannot say enough about it's performance on 440, I get into a local repeater at 50+ miles away full quieting while passing thru an "RF Ally" with TV transmitters all around.

I have been VERY pleased with this antenna, and recommend you pick it up if seen at your local hamfest, don think you can go wrong. 72-K4NET

N4KVE Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2010 16:28 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA  Time owned: more than 12 months
I inherited this antenna from my dad. He purchased it about 15 years ago, but had to retire it when he moved to an apartment with an underground parking garage. While my dad was still living in a house, this antenna suffered through sub zero Canadian winter days, as well as sitting 50 feet from the Atlantic Ocean in Hollywood Florida. I ran across this antenna under a desk, & asked my dad if I could have it. He totally forgot it still existed. I have used a Larson 2/70 for 15 years, as well as a Diamond NR-770HNMO for 3 years, & they both worked well, however this antenna seems to RX 2 "S" units higher on repeaters 60 miles south of me, doing side by side tests. I only use UHF, so I can't comment on VHF performance. It seems this model is not available anymore, but it works great for me, & I feel good that it served my dad well, & now does the same for me. GARY N4KVE

VA7DH Rating: 4/5 Jun 29, 2008 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Some quality control issues  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna via eBay through a Chinese seller. The antenna has a nice finish to it and it looks great. There were a couple of small quality control issues with this antenna. It came disassembled in sections in a box to facilitate shipment. One of the set screws was missing. After purchasing a set screw I noticed that the protective button off the top of the antenna was missing. Beware small children grabbing your antenna and brandishing it as a sword. They could literally run you through. Right now I'm deciding on how to mount this antenna on my old Nissan pickup. This antenna has what they refer to as a PL base. I may use a UHF thru connector as a fender mount. It sure makes things simple. Just drill a hole, install the UHF thru connector with nuts on each side, the antenna on top with a rubber gasket, and a piece of coax with PL259 and some sealant on the bottom. As you can tell I still haven't got any idea how well this antenna performs. Perhaps I will write a follow up on it. For now I will give this a 4 just for the minor quality control issues.