Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Hi-Q-6/160 RT MC-3H Black Magic Help

Reviews Summary for Hi-Q-6/160 RT MC-3H Black Magic
Hi-Q-6/160 RT MC-3H Black Magic Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $895
Description: Completely NEW Mechanical Design
It was developed for the USMC On the Move HF communication. Ruggedized for Armor Vehicular and Fixed stn. Use.
Lower mast: 2X 2.5 Black Type III. Mil. Spec Anodized
Coils size; 5.5 dia.X12 Long, All black Modified Hi-Impact
Antenna height: 3
Weight: 12 lbs

More info: http://www.hiqantennas.com/HiQ6160.htm

You can write your own review of the Hi-Q-6/160 RT MC-3H Black Magic.

NH6TY Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2009 18:48 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this antenna with the EB-8 capacity hat and a 3' whip on the back of my Nissan Xterra. The mount was custom made with the base of the antenna about 5.5' at roof level. I can achieve a 1.2 or better SWR on 80-20 meters and 1.5 on 10 meters by using just the 3' whip on this setup.
I am located in Hawaii and when operating near the shoreline I consistantly get 59 reports from the east coast US.
Tuning is quick, accurate and smooth with the Hi-Q D.C. controller and tuning from band to band is a breeze.
The Black Magic is built to withstand the harsh environments of combat and is totaly sealed from the elements making it the perfect mobile antenna. Machine work on all components of the antenna is top notch and can be compared to nothing in its class.
customer service is five star. Charlie Gyenes really takes pride in customer service and is quick to respond to any questions.
If you simply want the best mobile antenna in the industry, look no further. The Hi-Q 6/160 RT MC-H antenna is definitly the way to go.

N4NOO Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2009 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Wow!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I mounted this antenna on my Suburban with the EB-8 cap hat and it will tune 80-10 with no problem. I add an 8' whip above the EB-8 and it will tune 160 as well. I have been more than impressed with the way this antenna works. The most common report that I receive is "That is the best mobile I have ever heard". It does cost a lot but you still get what you pay for. Charlie Gyenes has been very helpful at Hi-Q and will gladly answer your questions and offer help. If you want the best, then this is what you should buy. Wow! Again!

KG6SKA Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2008 18:36 Send this review to a friend
The Best Mobile Antenna You could have. PERIOD!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am blown away on how well this works. I can tune this on 160 at 1800 with a 1:1 SWR. I am running 100w through this mobile and often hear from other hams that Im doing better that most fixed stations near me! The fact is this is an incredible antenna. Worth every penny!!! I have several configurations for Cap Hats and whips. I can tune 75 20 with just a 6 whip. I use a two loop cap hat one foot up and can tune 75 10. I use a modified EB-8 from Hi-Q and tune 160 40 at a 1:1 SWR.
If you want the absolute best mobile antenna you can have, look no further, you just found it. I have tried several others and not one comes close to how well this performs. Do your self a favor, drop the extra cash and get this antenna, you will not be disappointed.