Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Hi-Q-6/160 RT MC-3H Black Magic Help

Reviews Summary for Hi-Q-6/160 RT MC-3H Black Magic
Hi-Q-6/160 RT MC-3H Black Magic Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $895
Description: Completely NEW Mechanical Design
It was developed for the USMC On the Move HF communication. Ruggedized for Armor Vehicular and Fixed stn. Use.
Lower mast: 2X 2.5 Black Type III. Mil. Spec Anodized
Coils size; 5.5 dia.X12 Long, All black Modified Hi-Impact
Antenna height: 3
Weight: 12 lbs

More info: http://www.hiqantennas.com/HiQ6160.htm

You can write your own review of the Hi-Q-6/160 RT MC-3H Black Magic.

LA3ZPA Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2009 03:45 Send this review to a friend
Magic antennas  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After one year with the fantastic 5/160 SS, I wanted to test out the new chamion 6/160 MC-3 with ED 8 cap hat and 1 meter wimp.

I whas in the first place su happy with the 5/160 SS, I lock on my self more or lese as foolish person, just tingeng off replacement the fantastic 5/160 SS. Story a side, I havend regreted this decision.

My setup are IC 7000, just bare foot. BetterRF tuner, and BetterRF screwdriver controller and last but not lest HI-Q 6/160 MC-3, 90cm mast ED-8 cap hat and 1 meter top wimp.

The preformance have knock mye down many time, I find the 160 meter preformanc just out off a anoder world, when I have the bigest singnal frome the south LA to the north LA, not any DX, but 1600km give or tack. Whit 59+20 from the car on 160, are just fun, and may fellow ham down the south with full size dipol and 10 time mye power can't come cluse to my singnal stringth, yes it fun to work mobile on the top band to. I have work DX , UA9, UA7, from the car in high way speed on the 160m, fairly impressive.

Yester day and to day, I work VK7GK on 40m (it 16000km SP and more than 21000km LP I thing I work LP bouth time), first call from the car in 90km/t on the hige way, not the bigest singal form Europe, but come tru with 5/5, I fine the as magic, so fun the have this possibility, from a car!
When I first ask fellow ham, what I be able to work frome the car, the answer was, 20m and up band are fairly ok frome the car. 80 and 160 meter are out off the qestion, you can't work anyting, the antenna are just to inefficient.
Not the Hi-Q, the HI-Q are not a ordinary mobile antennas comparability to all others manufacturer.
I find so fare Hi-Q the be supercilious on the lower band frome the car.

Well I tinck I have proven the opposite, I so happy I choice Hi-Q.

Mechanical are the antannes bigest strength, and tha are moust importen to my, and probely many Ham me like, I have a 4Runner Artic Trucks with 38 inch tires, and use the car on offroad trips, and the Hi-Q come true to the bighest challenge, so fare, made the wipe and mast on top off the antennas lock like a pig tail, and I have be so edgy that is it, but so fare the Hi-Q have truely survive every tree, tunnel in hige speed. I can't believe that the antanne work every time lik it have be stored in my back set all along.

Know 2 LA ham in conjunction with my local club, LA1T have received 6/160 MC-3 with ED-8, I hope that them whil be as happy as me with this antennas, and Charlys fantastic custom service.

So in the future I hope it will come more happy DX from LA/mobile, LA the HI-Q country ;-), the futher will tell.

73 frome Norway

de LA3ZPA

Ronny

NH6TY Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2009 18:48 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this antenna with the EB-8 capacity hat and a 3' whip on the back of my Nissan Xterra. The mount was custom made with the base of the antenna about 5.5' at roof level. I can achieve a 1.2 or better SWR on 80-20 meters and 1.5 on 10 meters by using just the 3' whip on this setup.
I am located in Hawaii and when operating near the shoreline I consistantly get 59 reports from the east coast US.
Tuning is quick, accurate and smooth with the Hi-Q D.C. controller and tuning from band to band is a breeze.
The Black Magic is built to withstand the harsh environments of combat and is totaly sealed from the elements making it the perfect mobile antenna. Machine work on all components of the antenna is top notch and can be compared to nothing in its class.
customer service is five star. Charlie Gyenes really takes pride in customer service and is quick to respond to any questions.
If you simply want the best mobile antenna in the industry, look no further. The Hi-Q 6/160 RT MC-H antenna is definitly the way to go.

N4NOO Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2009 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Wow!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I mounted this antenna on my Suburban with the EB-8 cap hat and it will tune 80-10 with no problem. I add an 8' whip above the EB-8 and it will tune 160 as well. I have been more than impressed with the way this antenna works. The most common report that I receive is "That is the best mobile I have ever heard". It does cost a lot but you still get what you pay for. Charlie Gyenes has been very helpful at Hi-Q and will gladly answer your questions and offer help. If you want the best, then this is what you should buy. Wow! Again!

KG6SKA Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2008 18:36 Send this review to a friend
The Best Mobile Antenna You could have. PERIOD!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am blown away on how well this works. I can tune this on 160 at 1800 with a 1:1 SWR. I am running 100w through this mobile and often hear from other hams that Im doing better that most fixed stations near me! The fact is this is an incredible antenna. Worth every penny!!! I have several configurations for Cap Hats and whips. I can tune 75 20 with just a 6 whip. I use a two loop cap hat one foot up and can tune 75 10. I use a modified EB-8 from Hi-Q and tune 160 40 at a 1:1 SWR.
If you want the absolute best mobile antenna you can have, look no further, you just found it. I have tried several others and not one comes close to how well this performs. Do your self a favor, drop the extra cash and get this antenna, you will not be disappointed.