Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | MFJ 1117 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 1117
MFJ 1117 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$64.95
Description: THE MFJ-1117 has four pairs of super heavy duty 35 amp 5-way binding posts connect your transceivers. Each pair is fused and RF bypassed. Handles 35 Amps total.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1117

You can write your own review of the MFJ 1117.

KT4EP Rating: 4/5 Feb 14, 2014 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Only one complaint but I like the unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Seems to be built OK compared to some other MFJ products I own with bad soldering, leaky enclosures,rough edges on metal and lights burning out. Only comment is the back plate. The mounting holes are right under the DC supply cable on one side and ground screw on the other side. I took the back plate off and turned it "upside down" with problem solved. While I had the back plate off, I looked inside and it appears to be constructed fairly well. This unit replaces a 20 year homebrew DC distribution system. I think it will suffice for another 20 years if not longer!

WO8USA Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2008 17:00 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this for a few years. No problems at all, I use banana plugs to plug in other itemns as I need them. Highly recommended.

KE4MOB Rating: 0/5 Jul 3, 2008 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Why does this thing blow my radio's fuse???  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Oh yeah, it came from MFJ wired BACKWARDS!!!

We bought two for a communications van we were putting together. One worked perfectly...the other would blow the fuse on any radio we used. A quick check with a VOM gave a reading of -12VDC. HUH? Then we placed both units side by side and it became obvious..the red supply wire was going to the BLACK binding posts!!!