Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | Timewave DSP-9+ Help

Reviews Summary for Timewave DSP-9+
Timewave DSP-9+ Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $199.55
Description: DSP noise filter.
More info: http://www.timewave.com/dsp9p.html

You can write your own review of the Timewave DSP-9+.

KJ4KBC Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2017 12:57 Send this review to a friend
A nice filter!  Time owned: months
I have one of these that I use on my TS-530. The auto notch and the filtering on this unit have brought my TS-530 into the 21st century! I'm sure there are more advanced filters but for the selectivity it adds and the removal of carriers(I mean instantly!)the 60 to 80.00 for a used one is well worth the investment. 73's

KD8TNF Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2016 13:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Noise Reduction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
To the board staff: This unit has not been in production for some 20 years according to Timewave - TYVM.

Bought this DSP-9+ on ebay - Am delighted with this huge increase in operating potential. Deep notch filter helps a lot in pile-ups. Reduces locally generated noise to practically zero. Had it connected and running in less then five minutes. Am upgrading now to latest firmware release V3.0 eprom at a reasonable price direct from Timewave, mine as arrived was V2.0 but still doing a great job. The mini headphone jack works great with my earbuds which is something I have wanted for operating for some time. Currently using on TS-830s with existing internal filters. Wonderful!

K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2015 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Just what some rigs need!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using one of these with a Yaesu FT-817nd for a number of years and it works very well and gives the little Yaesu good DSP without hacking into the radio to install an internal DSP such as the BHI unit.

I've also used this DSP-9+ with other, older receivers.

The DSP-9+ does a wonderful job of cutting background noise, and the automatic notch filter is superb - kills carrier hetrodynes instantly.

These are a gem - if you need filtering then these are hard to beat.

W7MBR Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2015 12:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Filter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I collect vintage Ham Radio equipment and the DSP-9+ does wonders to my hearing abilities especially on CW, my favorite mode. I have several audio filters which work well but the DSP-9+ doesn't suffer as much from AGC pulling due to strong adjacent signals. The noise levels are also lower on this filter. For $60-$80 it's a real steal for the improvement it affords to radios without DSP. Remember nothing is completely perfect including a few bad reviews the DSP-9+ has received.

K6SPY Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2012 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Amazing difference!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hooked up this unit to an old Icom 707 HF rig that has no filtering. Took out the majority of the annoying hash and interference.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2009 04:08 Send this review to a friend
what a joy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Kenwood TS 930sat a few months ago that does not have built in DSP filtering but is the best cw rig I ever owned. But in NYC there is terrible band floor noise and the DSP 9+ does a better job than I expected in removing it almost entirely. Picked one up for $90 from a ham through QTH. In conjunction with the cw controls on the radio it makes listening so much more pleasurable.

K4SPS Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2007 00:44 Send this review to a friend
No more white noise!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently acquired, from E-bay, this Timewave DSP 9+ and I am extremely satisfied with its performance. Hooked to the audio output of my Drake TR4C and TR3 transceivers, they have both become a true joy to listen to. Believe it or not, the audio is now superior to all my modern 'digital' rigs. I'm only sorry that it took me so long to acquire this technology. $80 is what you can expect to pay. If you have old tube type receivers, this filter is the trick! Save your ears - get this accessory. 73 for 2008 K4SPS

W2RDD Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2007 04:15 Send this review to a friend
A Great Help!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was fortunate in getting this filter as part of a used QRO transceiver purchase.

I must echo the other positive reviews of this Timewave model. I use it with my non-DSP FT-817ND and it definitely improves the readability of weaker QRP signals. Takes some getting used to and the instruction manual should be read. If your transceiver does not have DSP or is an older non-filtered boatanchor, this filter is highly desirable. If you are lucky enough to find one, jump on it.

Oh, the QRO rig referred to earlier was sold a year ago.

K4RWW Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2007 07:05 Send this review to a friend
Very good DSP  Time owned: more than 12 months
This DSP unit works well and is roughly comparable to DSP features found in current state of the art ham transceivers providing: 1) the firmware is upgraded to Timewave's latest 3.03A, 2) the Voice mode random noise reduction is set internally to the less aggressive option and 3) gain levels are adjusted per instructions. The operating manual is comprehensive and internal jumper settings are easy to accomplish. I get good CW/SSB results using mine with older and non-DSP receivers like the Collins 75S-3B and Palstar R30C.

SCANDOGTWO Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2007 17:42 Send this review to a friend
NICE DSP FILTER!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
TIMEWAVE DSP-9+ INCREDIBLE FILTER.
CAN IMPROVE VIRTUALLY ANY TX OR RX.
IMPROVE YOUR RECEPCION AND PICK UP ANY LOW SIGNAL.
VERY RECOMMENDED FOR RADIOS WITHOUT DSP.