Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | Timewave DSP-9+ Help

Reviews Summary for Timewave DSP-9+
Timewave DSP-9+ Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $199.55
Description: DSP noise filter.
More info: http://www.timewave.com/dsp9p.html

You can write your own review of the Timewave DSP-9+.

W6PMR Rating: 2/5 Oct 9, 2001 20:51 Send this review to a friend
Glad I didn't pay retail!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my DSP9+ used a the Livermore swap in Northern Cal. and hooked it up to my TS940sat.
Disapointing performance at best. It did nothing but induce an "worming" sound to SSB, reduce audio quality, and did less of a job of getting rid of noise than I expected. And I did not expect a lot.
I do not use CW or any digital modes, it might work better for those ops that do.
Mine is going back out on the swap table next month.

ZL3AG Rating: 3/5 Jun 20, 2001 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Good, but suggest a rig with IF DSP  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got one of these in 1994 to follow a TS430S. It did a good job but did not pull out unreadable signals from the noise. It in reality made a good signal better.

It was expensive and the resale had lost momentum as rigs began to have DSP as standard.

I quit it last year when I upgraded to an IC746. The IF DSP is much superior.

I payed NZ$430 and got NZ$250 when sold.

N4JGO Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2001 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using the DSP-9+ with my Drake TR4. This product has put the FUN back into ham radio. If you haven't experienced any of the Timewave products, I suggest that you try one and hear what you are missing.

G3VGR Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2001 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Very effective filter for CW  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the DSP9+ at a hamfest and use it with my IC735 and also various QRP rigs. It certainly makes CW operating a joy. Weak signals which are hardly audible become Q5 copy with the DSP9+. I would recommend this product for "supercharging" an older rig.

KF9VH Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2000 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I also have the 9+ and am very happy with it. It does everything Timewave says it will do. With all the qrming on 75 meters I would not be without it.

KB1LN Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2000 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Unit!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked up my DSP 9+ at a flea market in Newington, CT about 2 years ago. I packed it away and forgot about it until recently when I finally put it into service. Connected to my IC-735, it eliminates most noise and makes DX and contesting a whole new world!! Those LIDS that tune up on a DX frequency disappear. Random noise, QRN and QRM, disappear. The fidelity is very good thru a speaker or thru headphones (I like using 'phones the best). Met the owner of the new AEA/Timewave gear at Dayton. Really a nice guy. Will be ordering his firmware upgrade for the DSP 9+ later today. Best audio filtering unit I've ever used!!
73 de Bob KB1LN