Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | Pennwood Numechron Tymeter Help

Reviews Summary for Pennwood Numechron Tymeter
Pennwood Numechron Tymeter Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Motor driven digital "flip-style" clock

You can write your own review of the Pennwood Numechron Tymeter.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2011 20:39 Send this review to a friend
Nostalgia from 1970's  Time owned: more than 12 months
Was the first ham clock I had.. don't remember were I got it, maybe Allied Radio or Lafayette Radio? It was the only piece of gear that stayed with me though the 70's and 80's, died with a strange "melting" incident in 1983... so sad.. I loved to listen to the SB-102 and hear the "click" of the numerals sliding by... KK8ZZ

WA9OUE Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2011 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Still works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchase mine in 1965 when I got my novice license. It still is in use and proudly displayed next to my original novice station; HQ100 and Eico 723. Of course it looks great with the newest rigs I have.

N0JL Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2011 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Sold mine, but I know where it is!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had one for years! No problems... ever. Sold it in a trade. but.. I know who has it!

KD2E Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2011 13:35 Send this review to a friend
THE clock  Time owned: more than 12 months
For shame, this clock only has 1 review!!!
For hams in the '60s, '70s...and I think the '50s also, this clock was THE most ubiquitous piece of ham gear there was. Look in any QST picture for DECADES...and there was one of these clocks sitting on every shack table. Next to an HRO, a National, Hammarlund, Collins or Heathkit..there was the Tymeter clock. Same movement in many station consoles, (Drake, Heath) it uses line current frequency for reference...so might drift a bit...A click as the numbers change each minute..but what a handsome looking single function ham accessory!!
Glad I still have a few of them!!

W0GLB Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2008 12:40 Send this review to a friend
Classic that still earns its keep  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I was a novice back in 1975, all of the "real hams" had one. Nearly every picture of a shack in QST showed it there, nestled among all those old boatanchors. Got mine off of ebay for $25, keeps time like a champ (even has a 10-minute ID timer!). That deep brown bakelite case still looks like new money.