Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | RPF Talksafe Help

Reviews Summary for RPF Talksafe
RPF Talksafe Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$220
Description: Allows the use of Bluetooth headsets to be used with most modern amateur

You can write your own review of the RPF Talksafe.

2E0XDC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2009 03:58 Send this review to a friend
A device I will not be, without  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the Talk Safe now, for a few weeks. And I can safely say, I will not be operating mobile, with a fist microphone again. I had only one minor problem with the kenwood TMS (the mic splitter), I couldn't key the radio without the bluetooth headset connected (static mobile of course).

But a quick return of the TMS to RPF's, Had the problem solved. No complaints here, on RPF's customer service, I have had, good reports on the audio. Only that the traffic noise levels are high, when moving, that is down to the jabra headset, i'm using.

I will of course when funds allow, be changing the headset for one of the noise cancalling type. And will do another review later on. Regards Derek M0XDC.
K0BG Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2008 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Just what the doctor ordered  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This device has just hit the shores of the USA (it's ben available in EU for about a year). It allows the use of any Bluetooth enabled headset to interconnect to any modern amateur transceiver.

It works as advertised, but does take some time to properly adjust the controls. Once that is done (with a caveat), it works just like they say it does.

The caveat is the headset. While it will clone to any Bluetooth headset, the best selection is the RoadRunner series (like this one: It sports a noise-canceling microphone, and single ear headset which should meet any local restriction with respect to mobile headset use.

If you're looking for REAL handsfree, and CABLE free operation, this is the device you need. It reduces the distraction of operating mobile, with convenience, and ease of operation.

AES and R&L (and others) carry the device, and street pricing including the requisite cables for most transceivers is about $220 including shipping.

If I have a complaint, it is that I should have been able to buy this device a couple of years go!

Alan, KBG