Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-330MVT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-330MVT
Alinco DM-330MVT Reviews: 154 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $219.95 Street $169.95
Description: Specifications: Input voltage: AC120VAC(MVT) / 220VAC(MVZ) Output voltage : 5 to 15VDC variable Output voltage variation: less than 2% Protection: short-circuit, Automatic current limiting over 32A, over-temperature Output current: 32A(max), 30A(continuous) Ripple: less than 15mVp-p at rated load Fuse: 8A Meter: single volt/current meter, back-lit Size: 175(w) x 67(h) x 165(d) mm Weight: approx. 2 Kg
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DM-330MV/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-330MVT.

K8DHU Rating: 2/5 Jun 9, 2017 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Poor service after warranty out.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased this DM-330MV in late 2012
Unit worked well but never had an occasion to use the voltage adjustment feature . . My New TM-V71
Kenwood VHF mobile rig to use as a base station requires 14 volts and anythin less produces a motor boating sound on the audio. This was confirmed by Kenwood techs.

Since I always used it at the 13.8 center detente position I never used the voltage adjustment feature. Bad on me for not checking when just out of the box new.

Alinco wants almost the price of a new one to repair + parts and shipping handling of course.

KI0GU Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2017 20:52 Send this review to a friend
Bought in 2006  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this in April of 2006 over 10 years ago. It has been used almost daily since the day I got it.

Today I just started to notice some RF noise in my HF rig. I changed the Noise offset and was able to eliminate my noise. It is still showing full voltage and output.

I am going to buy a new one and keep this as a spare. This one might be just fine, but given the price and reliability, I am absolutely going to buy another one.

I would highly recommend this product. It has been a solid performer!

Thank you Alinco!
Hauns
KI0GU

WA1SFH Rating: 4/5 Jun 12, 2016 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Great, but Meter Died after 2 years.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really like using this power supply. It does duty in my HF "Go Box".

However, after 2 years of light use, the meter failed to work... Dead as a door nail. I have been told that this is not an uncommon experience.

Other than the meter not working, it is a great power supply which I continue to use.

Since this model is out of production, if looking for a replacement, I would not hesitate to get the new model with USB outlets - DM-330FX.

K1FBI Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2016 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Still love it  Time owned: more than 12 months
My last review was in December 2008 and I have not had one single problem with this supply.
They are on sale at HRO and I am buying a second one tonight for my VHF/UHF rigs. No more Astron hum for me, 18 years is enough.

K4WQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2014 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Solidly Built  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After spending hours on reviews of transformer vs switching power supplies, I decided to invest in this Alinco PS. Glad I did. Right out of the box, the look and feel of the power supply is impressive. The other thing I like about this supply is that there are three different ways to attach a load. There are binding posts on the rear for my TS-590S. But, there is also a cigarette lighter jack for my 2-meter rig. And a set of push-in terminals as well. Very well thought-out design and quiet. No hash noise observed. Also, while the supply does get warm, it has never gotten too hot to touch. I have yet to hear the fan come on. You won't go wrong with this one.

VA3IED Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 17:19 Send this review to a friend
best one yet  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used it for over 3 yers 365 days a year...no problem, no noise, no complaints. Buy one...they are very good...

KC9YCP Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 05:36 Send this review to a friend
Quiet, works, affordable, light  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is my first power supply. I researched various power supplies and read many reviews on eham. I finally chose this power supply and it has been terrific. Light, affordable, well made, quiet, and works unfailingly. I power a Kenwood 570 and Yaesu 8800 with it. No problems.

K6ELE Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2014 22:30 Send this review to a friend
Great replacement for faulty astron  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Replaced 2 year old Astron 35 which had the hum problems. Replaced transformer under warrantee on Astron & still hummed.

The Alinco is a great power supply. Using with my Icom 7600.

K1QF Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this to replace an Astron RS-35M. It is exceptionally quiet (haven't heard the fan yet) and runs cool. I am using it to power my ICOM 7600. Very pleased with this purchase.

W4DRH Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2013 22:01 Send this review to a friend