Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-330MVT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-330MVT
Alinco DM-330MVT Reviews: 151 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $219.95 Street $169.95
Description: Specifications: Input voltage: AC120VAC(MVT) / 220VAC(MVZ) Output voltage : 5 to 15VDC variable Output voltage variation: less than 2% Protection: short-circuit, Automatic current limiting over 32A, over-temperature Output current: 32A(max), 30A(continuous) Ripple: less than 15mVp-p at rated load Fuse: 8A Meter: single volt/current meter, back-lit Size: 175(w) x 67(h) x 165(d) mm Weight: approx. 2 Kg
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DM-330MV/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-330MVT.

VA3IED Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 17:19 Send this review to a friend
best one yet  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used it for over 3 yers 365 days a year...no problem, no noise, no complaints. Buy one...they are very good...

KC9YCP Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 05:36 Send this review to a friend
Quiet, works, affordable, light  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is my first power supply. I researched various power supplies and read many reviews on eham. I finally chose this power supply and it has been terrific. Light, affordable, well made, quiet, and works unfailingly. I power a Kenwood 570 and Yaesu 8800 with it. No problems.

K6ELE Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2014 22:30 Send this review to a friend
Great replacement for faulty astron  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Replaced 2 year old Astron 35 which had the hum problems. Replaced transformer under warrantee on Astron & still hummed.

The Alinco is a great power supply. Using with my Icom 7600.

K1QF Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this to replace an Astron RS-35M. It is exceptionally quiet (haven't heard the fan yet) and runs cool. I am using it to power my ICOM 7600. Very pleased with this purchase.

W4DRH Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2013 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have 2. Quiet, small and trouble free

W8NWN Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2013 21:20 Send this review to a friend
BUY IT  Time owned: more than 12 months
No issues after years of use.

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2013 08:57 Send this review to a friend
Solid little performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just replaced my 16 year old Astron RS-35M with this switching supply, and so far am quite impressed. I've only had it for a week, so I can't vouch for its' reliability or longevity, but now know why it has as many reviews on this website as the very popular RS-35M.

Besides it (obviously) being small and lightweight, as compared to the big linear supplies, it is a solidly built unit, with a real quality feel to it. It has a thick metal wrap-around cabinet with a massive heat sink on top. It comes with a sticker on top advising not to touch it due to extremely high temperatures. I used it all last weekend in the CQ WPX SSB contest, and it only got a little luke-warm to the touch. It has convenient front terminals for attaching various accessories, but the rear high-current terminals provide plenty of room for connecting several permanent accessories and your radio, without having wires hanging off the front ones. They can be used to conveniently connect temporary equipment. The front panel has a concentric knob, with the voltage adjust in the back, and noise offset in front. A previous reviewer said that it's possible to accidently hit the voltage adjust knob, but that would be really hard to do, considering its' location. Besides, most of us (and myself) probably just use the default switch at a fixed 13.8V, disabling the control altogether. I listened up and down the bands, 10-80M, for RF hash or birdies, and found nothing...never had to use the noise offset control during the contest or after. I measured the output voltage...it's dead-on at 13.8V, and the front meter shows this. The meter also shows accurate current draw. The rear fan, for all practical purposes, is inaudible...you have to put your ear right up to it in order to hear it. The only nit-pick I have is that the meter lighting could be a bit brighter.

So far, I'm very happy with my decision to replace the linear supply, and recommend this unit if you're looking for a quality, feature packed high-current switcher.

K1YXP Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2013 09:47 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I will keep this brief. I have been licensed for 2 years and my first power supply was the DM-330MVT, and my second and my third. Two of them have operated 24-7. I have no complaints. Some reviews claim noise but I have not experienced this and I operate all bands. There are look alike units available at a lower price but the specs are not as good. In some cases, spending a little more can be beneficial.. In summary, my experience has been very positive, buy it.

W8NIC Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2013 05:36 Send this review to a friend
good things come in small packages  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
what a wonderful product. not only does it do it's job well but it allowed me to add important equipmtment on my table. i like how compact it is, very quite, terminals at rear makes for a neat appearance. at first i said it's priced a little high but after using it i will gladly buy another if needed.
highly recommended.

KB1UKU Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2013 06:29 Send this review to a friend
New use for DM330MV  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just like every other HAM and SWL using this exquisite power supply. I needed a power supply that would work in my truck using the trucks power system. A Chevrolet S-10 EV with a 144 volt pack and a MR-2 with a 192 volt pack. First I tried S-10 and it started to work when I switched rocker switch from 100 to 240 volt. Then I tried the Toyota and wow we! It worked just like in my Condominium. Polarity doesn't matter for it goes into the AC side of rectifiers. Just to let you know I never or hardly ever use a switcher on AC except going to someone's house or place or QTH. Everything in my computer room / ham shack is DC and DC only of 312 volts. Great for a solid state QRO legal limit amplifier if using switching power supply. I again moved switch to 240 from "T" mode of 100 volts. Placed some aluminum tape on hole, marked under-side to note new DC / AC operation of high or higher voltage. Spray painted top opposite yellow label of new specs of 240 Volt AC/DC and have been using it for 2 1/2 years now in that configuration. Just to let Alinco know that the serial number is 9387 and I am sure any warranty is long since gone on this unit. I do have to give it a 5 plus rating only for the fact it is doing more than the UL says it can do. BTW it starts producing electrons rather early but full voltage regulation begins at 180 to 185 volt DC and works till my fully charged pack voltage of 350 / 360 volts. If there is a switch to change power supply to 240 then usually it is a high voltage switcher. Some low voltage switchers like the old Iota still use 132 volt to 156 volt DC for input to 180 volt capacitor. As for QRM, well it is so far away from FT-897D and Kenwood TS-120/130/140 radios I don't notice any noise on receive or xmt. I like Kenwoods and have a few or more including V71 and old 700 too. As for other products I use is Power One DC-DC converter and Iota of all flavors in EV conversions. Reason for power one is gen set makes 240 volt three phase and like to use it to charge battery bank at 107 amp at 28.8 volts. Using full 3kw of power.
Just a side note, most or all engineers will say switchers can not work on DC. I have only found one engineer that acknowledge DC use. That is Jay Settlemyer of Iota and one of his distributors in CA. One problem that can arise is switching off any high voltage DC. Arcing! It must have a good snubber ckt for mine has never welded yet but I rarely ever turn off power supply on high side only on radios. Feel free to call me if you have a need to power this puppy from something different than I do like solar panels and EV battery packs like VX-1.
KB1UKU ~ & now used mainly at WS3F and my truck there.
P.S. Mine was a DM-330MV T and now it is DC input or 240 volt input and if needed to be used on 110 volt again, I use a bridge rectifier to dual capacitor DCMC922T500F-62D doubler rather than tear off tape and switch rocker.