Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-330MVT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-330MVT
Alinco DM-330MVT Reviews: 152 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $219.95 Street $169.95
Description: Specifications: Input voltage: AC120VAC(MVT) / 220VAC(MVZ) Output voltage : 5 to 15VDC variable Output voltage variation: less than 2% Protection: short-circuit, Automatic current limiting over 32A, over-temperature Output current: 32A(max), 30A(continuous) Ripple: less than 15mVp-p at rated load Fuse: 8A Meter: single volt/current meter, back-lit Size: 175(w) x 67(h) x 165(d) mm Weight: approx. 2 Kg

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-330MVT.

WA1SFH Rating: 4/5 Jun 12, 2016 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Great, but Meter Died after 2 years.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really like using this power supply. It does duty in my HF "Go Box".

However, after 2 years of light use, the meter failed to work... Dead as a door nail. I have been told that this is not an uncommon experience.

Other than the meter not working, it is a great power supply which I continue to use.

Since this model is out of production, if looking for a replacement, I would not hesitate to get the new model with USB outlets - DM-330FX.
K1FBI Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2016 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Still love it  Time owned: more than 12 months
My last review was in December 2008 and I have not had one single problem with this supply.
They are on sale at HRO and I am buying a second one tonight for my VHF/UHF rigs. No more Astron hum for me, 18 years is enough.
K4WQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2014 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Solidly Built  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After spending hours on reviews of transformer vs switching power supplies, I decided to invest in this Alinco PS. Glad I did. Right out of the box, the look and feel of the power supply is impressive. The other thing I like about this supply is that there are three different ways to attach a load. There are binding posts on the rear for my TS-590S. But, there is also a cigarette lighter jack for my 2-meter rig. And a set of push-in terminals as well. Very well thought-out design and quiet. No hash noise observed. Also, while the supply does get warm, it has never gotten too hot to touch. I have yet to hear the fan come on. You won't go wrong with this one.
VA3IED Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 17:19 Send this review to a friend
best one yet  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used it for over 3 yers 365 days a problem, no noise, no complaints. Buy one...they are very good...
KC9YCP Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2014 05:36 Send this review to a friend
Quiet, works, affordable, light  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is my first power supply. I researched various power supplies and read many reviews on eham. I finally chose this power supply and it has been terrific. Light, affordable, well made, quiet, and works unfailingly. I power a Kenwood 570 and Yaesu 8800 with it. No problems.
K6ELE Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2014 22:30 Send this review to a friend
Great replacement for faulty astron  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Replaced 2 year old Astron 35 which had the hum problems. Replaced transformer under warrantee on Astron & still hummed.

The Alinco is a great power supply. Using with my Icom 7600.
K1QF Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this to replace an Astron RS-35M. It is exceptionally quiet (haven't heard the fan yet) and runs cool. I am using it to power my ICOM 7600. Very pleased with this purchase.
W4DRH Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2013 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have 2. Quiet, small and trouble free
W8NWN Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2013 21:20 Send this review to a friend
BUY IT  Time owned: more than 12 months
No issues after years of use.
K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2013 08:57 Send this review to a friend
Solid little performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just replaced my 16 year old Astron RS-35M with this switching supply, and so far am quite impressed. I've only had it for a week, so I can't vouch for its' reliability or longevity, but now know why it has as many reviews on this website as the very popular RS-35M.

Besides it (obviously) being small and lightweight, as compared to the big linear supplies, it is a solidly built unit, with a real quality feel to it. It has a thick metal wrap-around cabinet with a massive heat sink on top. It comes with a sticker on top advising not to touch it due to extremely high temperatures. I used it all last weekend in the CQ WPX SSB contest, and it only got a little luke-warm to the touch. It has convenient front terminals for attaching various accessories, but the rear high-current terminals provide plenty of room for connecting several permanent accessories and your radio, without having wires hanging off the front ones. They can be used to conveniently connect temporary equipment. The front panel has a concentric knob, with the voltage adjust in the back, and noise offset in front. A previous reviewer said that it's possible to accidently hit the voltage adjust knob, but that would be really hard to do, considering its' location. Besides, most of us (and myself) probably just use the default switch at a fixed 13.8V, disabling the control altogether. I listened up and down the bands, 10-80M, for RF hash or birdies, and found nothing...never had to use the noise offset control during the contest or after. I measured the output's dead-on at 13.8V, and the front meter shows this. The meter also shows accurate current draw. The rear fan, for all practical purposes, is have to put your ear right up to it in order to hear it. The only nit-pick I have is that the meter lighting could be a bit brighter.

So far, I'm very happy with my decision to replace the linear supply, and recommend this unit if you're looking for a quality, feature packed high-current switcher.