Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-330MVT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-330MVT
Alinco DM-330MVT Reviews: 155 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $219.95 Street $169.95
Description: Specifications: Input voltage: AC120VAC(MVT) / 220VAC(MVZ) Output voltage : 5 to 15VDC variable Output voltage variation: less than 2% Protection: short-circuit, Automatic current limiting over 32A, over-temperature Output current: 32A(max), 30A(continuous) Ripple: less than 15mVp-p at rated load Fuse: 8A Meter: single volt/current meter, back-lit Size: 175(w) x 67(h) x 165(d) mm Weight: approx. 2 Kg
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DM-330MV/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-330MVT.

N4FDG Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2012 03:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I recently purchased the Alinco DM-330MVT from CheapHam LLC. The unit was very well packed and arrived quickly.

Upon opening the box, I was impressed at how small and well built the supply was. It is a lot more convenient to use and higher quality than my old Astron SS-30. The instruction manual is not the best, but still useful.

I really like the front panel power jacks and the fact that the supply can turn into an adjustable supply. It will come in handy for some of my electronic design projects should my regular bench supply not have enough 'umph'.

The DM-330MVT is sitting on my desk happily powering my DX-70TH andIC-7600. There seems to be no switching noise issues with this supply. I'm glad I bought it!

KF7IPW Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2012 14:36 Send this review to a friend
2 Years of hard labor  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just bought another one today so I thought I would
add my short and sweet review. I've powered an
ICOM IC-7000, Yeasu FT-950 and accessories.
Mostly 100 watts output.

2 years almost daily use without an issue.
Super quiet fan, cool running and stable output.
No switching noise. VERY portable.

KJ3P Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2011 05:39 Send this review to a friend
Fine Feature-laden Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm really impressed by this supply, in daily use for 100-watt HF rig. I've had no problems whatsoever in the first month of use. I really like the built-in metering for both volts and amps. Plus, for shack use, I use the preset voltage feature, which avoids bad voltage levels if you grab the wrong knob. Front and back output connections, too. A very well thought-out design.

N4FBW Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2011 17:02 Send this review to a friend
Well built power supply in a small package!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

The DM-330MVT is sitting on my desk happily powering my IC-7600. There seems to be no switching noise issues with this supply. I'm glad I bought it!

AB9TX Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2011 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Build Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used this supply for over 2 years now, absolutely no issues. Runs quiet and cool. Never had to mess with the output voltage, or noise offset. Useing it to power a Kenwood TS2000x. All modes full power, rock solid voltage output measured with a Fluke DMM. On board meter within 2 % voltage accuracy. Did not check ammeter. The build quality is comparable to military grade as you can get commercially.

VE3MVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2011 09:25 Send this review to a friend
Well Thought Out  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I purchased my FT 450 3 years ago the salesman recommended this power supply.I must say I was a little reluctant at first being a switching supply but after 3 years it has given good service powering both the FT 450 as well as my IC V8000.It runs cool, very quiet,and doesn't produce any RF noise that I can detect(It does have a noise offset adjustment though).I particularly like the back lit meter that switches between voltage or current and the front cigarete lighter jack and the quick connect connecters as well which is good for the bench.The unit runs very stable and is very portable.Well done Alinco!

NY4D Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2011 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Like It  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like the size, weight, looks, and build quality. Beefy enough for the home shack but small enough to throw in the go bag for portable.

The fan is quiet and I hear no rf noise from the power supply.

One shortcoming: the plastic thumb nuts for the rear studs have a flimsy brass threaded insert. Any torque on the thumb nuts will strip the brass from the inside of them. Ask me how I know. A quick trip to the hardware store and I replaced the plastic nuts with real metal hardware. The nuts that worked on mine are M6 .75 pitch.

So the nutty issue aside, I still give this a 5, as the lifetime fix cost slightly over a buck and this supply continues to just quietly do its job.

VA3DTP Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2011 18:31 Send this review to a friend
Nice Little Power Supply  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Nice power supply for the money. (Purchased my on sale.) Unit is light, easy to carry. Has one main 12VDC power connection in back, with two seperate connections (5.0 amps) in front for accessories. Also has built-in socket(10.0 amps). Specifications states 30 amps continuous which is more than ample for most HF and other radios. Display however could be better lit, and would of prefered most of the power connections (except socket) to be all mounted in rear of power supply.

PY1MV Rating: 0/5 Feb 22, 2011 07:24 Send this review to a friend
High output voltage without any aparent reason!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The PS burn my TRX on receive mode.
I never had a problem with it before.
Details regarding the PS:
Output voltage 43 volts;
Protection circuit did not act, only the red led on, but voltage still available on the outlet;
Disconected TRX from PS.
The protection red led still on, meaning the PS has a problem.
Disassembly the PS and start to check for any physical problem, nothing found.
Reassembly the PS and check the voltage, still 43 volts.
I decided to act the preset switch and a could observe some voltage variation.
I did not check the electrical diagram of the PS, but I changed the preset switch for a new one and the PS look´s like ok now.
I do not trust on this PS anymore.Really good for portable operation.
Do not retire your conventional PS, after this problem I will keep mine.
73, Marcio - PY1MV.

W6CD Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2011 20:32 Send this review to a friend
Works as it should - and reliably so.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine new a few years ago at HRO in San Diego. Has been power HF and 2M radio and various accessories since then. Never any RF noise issues. It's made trips to field day and and CA QSO party. The size is compact so not a space waster.

I interconnect most everything with Anderson PowerPoles throught a PowerPole "power strip" connected off the rear panel terminals. I really like the power plug and clips on the front panel for the occational need.

A long term keeper in my shack.