Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Alinco DM-330MVT Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DM-330MVT
Alinco DM-330MVT Reviews: 152 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $219.95 Street $169.95
Description: Specifications: Input voltage: AC120VAC(MVT) / 220VAC(MVZ) Output voltage : 5 to 15VDC variable Output voltage variation: less than 2% Protection: short-circuit, Automatic current limiting over 32A, over-temperature Output current: 32A(max), 30A(continuous) Ripple: less than 15mVp-p at rated load Fuse: 8A Meter: single volt/current meter, back-lit Size: 175(w) x 67(h) x 165(d) mm Weight: approx. 2 Kg
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DM-330MV/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DM-330MVT.

AB9TX Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2011 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Build Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used this supply for over 2 years now, absolutely no issues. Runs quiet and cool. Never had to mess with the output voltage, or noise offset. Useing it to power a Kenwood TS2000x. All modes full power, rock solid voltage output measured with a Fluke DMM. On board meter within 2 % voltage accuracy. Did not check ammeter. The build quality is comparable to military grade as you can get commercially.

VE3MVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2011 09:25 Send this review to a friend
Well Thought Out  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I purchased my FT 450 3 years ago the salesman recommended this power supply.I must say I was a little reluctant at first being a switching supply but after 3 years it has given good service powering both the FT 450 as well as my IC V8000.It runs cool, very quiet,and doesn't produce any RF noise that I can detect(It does have a noise offset adjustment though).I particularly like the back lit meter that switches between voltage or current and the front cigarete lighter jack and the quick connect connecters as well which is good for the bench.The unit runs very stable and is very portable.Well done Alinco!

NY4D Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2011 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Like It  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like the size, weight, looks, and build quality. Beefy enough for the home shack but small enough to throw in the go bag for portable.

The fan is quiet and I hear no rf noise from the power supply.

One shortcoming: the plastic thumb nuts for the rear studs have a flimsy brass threaded insert. Any torque on the thumb nuts will strip the brass from the inside of them. Ask me how I know. A quick trip to the hardware store and I replaced the plastic nuts with real metal hardware. The nuts that worked on mine are M6 .75 pitch.

So the nutty issue aside, I still give this a 5, as the lifetime fix cost slightly over a buck and this supply continues to just quietly do its job.

VA3DTP Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2011 18:31 Send this review to a friend
Nice Little Power Supply  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Nice power supply for the money. (Purchased my on sale.) Unit is light, easy to carry. Has one main 12VDC power connection in back, with two seperate connections (5.0 amps) in front for accessories. Also has built-in socket(10.0 amps). Specifications states 30 amps continuous which is more than ample for most HF and other radios. Display however could be better lit, and would of prefered most of the power connections (except socket) to be all mounted in rear of power supply.

PY1MV Rating: 0/5 Feb 22, 2011 07:24 Send this review to a friend
High output voltage without any aparent reason!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The PS burn my TRX on receive mode.
I never had a problem with it before.
Details regarding the PS:
Output voltage 43 volts;
Protection circuit did not act, only the red led on, but voltage still available on the outlet;
Disconected TRX from PS.
The protection red led still on, meaning the PS has a problem.
Disassembly the PS and start to check for any physical problem, nothing found.
Reassembly the PS and check the voltage, still 43 volts.
I decided to act the preset switch and a could observe some voltage variation.
I did not check the electrical diagram of the PS, but I changed the preset switch for a new one and the PS look´s like ok now.
I do not trust on this PS anymore.Really good for portable operation.
Do not retire your conventional PS, after this problem I will keep mine.
73, Marcio - PY1MV.

W6CD Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2011 20:32 Send this review to a friend
Works as it should - and reliably so.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine new a few years ago at HRO in San Diego. Has been power HF and 2M radio and various accessories since then. Never any RF noise issues. It's made trips to field day and and CA QSO party. The size is compact so not a space waster.

I interconnect most everything with Anderson PowerPoles throught a PowerPole "power strip" connected off the rear panel terminals. I really like the power plug and clips on the front panel for the occational need.

A long term keeper in my shack.

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2011 13:06 Send this review to a friend
Still Going..and going..  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 of these beauties and they both were bought June 2002 and they are still going and going and going, like the Energizer Bunny!!!!
They are always on and running all day and all night 24/7 without fail.

N5UWY Rating: 4/5 Jan 14, 2011 11:32 Send this review to a friend
Good value  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this PS in early 2004 when the Astron RS20A I had at the time failed. Since I run RTTY on my 746Pro, the RS20A was a little light anyway (it's only really 16A!).

This PS runs fine and heat seems well-managed. I once had noise on the AM BCB that was mitigated by the noise offset knob. Moved to a new QTH nearly 5 years ago now and have had no noise that I can attribute to this PS (there may well be some, but I've never definitively tracked it to the PS).

I don't use the variable voltage function so can't comment on that (have the preset enabled), nor have I ever used the spring tabs on the front. I have used the automotive-type outlet in the past and it worked just fine.

One caveat: it failed last weekend. Ran about 30 stations on RTTY during RTTY Roundup. Wife came home and I went and had lunch with her. Came back to the radio later and it was off. PS was on but would not power anything.

Troubleshooting revealed continuity issues with the positive high-current post on the back, of all things. It appeared to us that something caused excess heat on that component to change the state of the factory-applied LocTite. We cleaned that and, suspecting that some of the filter caps from that point to the chassis were bad, replaced all three (an electrolytic and two ceramics). Seems to work now, but really don't know the root cause.

Nonetheless, it's otherwise been a solid performer. If that one event hadn't occurred, I definitely would have punched 5!

K4MC Rating: 4/5 Dec 20, 2010 21:32 Send this review to a friend
Just Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
It does produce FR noise. Ferrites are a must to knock it down.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2010 20:01 Send this review to a friend
Sturdy PS  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought two of these the last day at Dayton last year for $129 each from HRO.. small, quiet, sturdy, cool... never failed me for portable or home operations... meter is nice, variable freq might be necessary for some, but never a problem here... added a line to a PowerPole connection and went out from there.. powers the IC-7200, IC-910H and IC-208H all at the same time and never breaks a sweat. Highly recommended, especially over the RF noise and cheap construction of MFJ units. (When will they EVER learn to put all the darned screws in and tighten them down? I'd expect this from Asian dimwitts, but not from our dear brothers and sisters in TN...