Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | EZ WIRE END FED ANTENNA Help

Reviews Summary for EZ WIRE END FED ANTENNA
EZ WIRE END FED ANTENNA Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $55 Euro
Description: A 16 Meter long end fed Antenna works all bands including 160 meter.
More info: http://tinyurl.com/6bqe3oj

You can write your own review of the EZ WIRE END FED ANTENNA.

M0XGB Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2014 14:12 Send this review to a friend
First Impression - Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a multi banded antenna which I could mount in the loft space of my bungalow. Due to neighbourhood restrictions It had to be a very stealthy installation. Having discovered that my loft space was exactly 16 meters (same length as the antenna) I decided to give this a try. Arrived in under a week from Portugal - and I had it installed within minutes of its arrival. First impressions is that it is very low noise - tunes all bands with the internal tuner of my FT2000 and was pulling in signals from Europe and USA without a problem. Seems to radiate OK on all bands with good 5/9 reports being received - so initial impression very encouraging.

CT1ILT Rating: 4/5 Mar 23, 2013 04:50 Send this review to a friend
EZ-WIRE as backup antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Just a few days before CQ WW CW 2012 I contacted Tony CT1FFU, to ask him if he could send me a EZ-WIRE antenna (with 16m long wire) and the following day the antenna was in the mail.

This antenna was used mainly as backup antenna for my SO2R contests. It was used as vertical with around 60 radials with different lengths. The antenna performed very nicely and this made my SO2R efficiency improve. The antenna handled 500 Watts without any problem.

Good antenna for restricted areas.

Fast delivery from Tony CT1FFU.

73's Filipe Lopes CT1ILT aka CR6K

G0MRR Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2011 09:08 Send this review to a friend
EZ in the Roof Space. Stealth Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Looking for a Stealth Antenna? No room in the garden?
The EZ End fed antenna has been used internally in the roof space of G0MRR. The video shows Chris working a Yaesu FT890 Max. 100watts, through a SG 329 tuner to a 1-9 unun and 16.2 Metre of insulated stranded wire. http://chrismaleuk.homestead.com/guestbook.html
I installed this around the loft area and through the timber trusses. A Stealth Antenna which works well and surprisingly gets great RST reports. Recommended!

CT1IEF Rating: 4/5 Feb 2, 2011 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Small space  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna (16 meters long) to work with my Alinco DX-R8E and itīs great. Much better than a Sirtel FB7 vertical HF antenna. It is a perfect antenna for a limited space.

WA6WPG Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2010 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Simple and it works.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted something simple for FIELD DAY that would cover ALL bands. I attached 130 feet of 26 gage insulated wire to the balun and supported it between two 40 foot fiberglass poles. I attached a single 65 foot elevated radial between the poles about 5 feet off the ground. The two poles could easily handle the 26 gage wire, even in a strong wind. I had an antenna tuner attached to the balun with a 3 foot piece of coax and another 25 foot run from the tuner to my tent. I got very good SWR on all bands and with my 100 watts was able to work everything I could hear on cw. Later at home I tried the same set up with a 65 foot wire and a single 40 foot fiberglass pole. Once again got GREAT swr readings as well as good signal reports. This END FEED antenna was easy to set up, works great with a single support and I am very happy with it.

WA6FX Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2010 08:18 Send this review to a friend
GREAT antenna for my situation  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this antenna for over a year now, and it's by FAR the best performing all band wire antenna I've put up, and I've tried quite a few. Part of the reason this antenna works well for me is that it is end fed and I can get it up higher than I can a horizontal "dipole" type multi band. I'd imagine I'm not alone in this situation, I have a small lot but a couple of decent sized trees. The "dipole" types I've tried (G5RV, Doublet/Ladderline, OCF Windoms etc) I can get to about 30' or so before the apex angle begins to get too small to perform correctly due to my lot size limitations. The EZ Wire I am able to get up in a tree about 65' in an inverted "L", plus it's a much more XYL friendly installation. I left the Carolina Windom I had up for a while to compare it to, and from 30M-6M it was no contest (it actually compares very favorably on 6M to a 6M loop I have up also). On 40M it was tie, and on 80M the Carolina Windom had an edge, but I don't work much 80M. While it loads easily on 160, I'm sure it's not too efficient there, but I was never able to get any of my other antennas to load on 160, so it wins there as I have made some contacts. Say what you want about voltage fed antennas, lossy baluns, inadequate ground systems blah blah blah, the proof is in the pudding for me with my situation. Nay sayers will say that even a poor antenna will net contacts, but I, for the first time, am able to routinely net DX on all bands including busting pile ups with my measly 100W. I felt compelled to write this review after a contact with a South African station I had on CW who came back to me on my second call in a pile up (10,368 miles away). 579 report. I went ahead and purchased the shorter version for another location I operate at with the same antenna limitations, works like a champ. I use a 1:1 choke balun with both, no RF problems at either locations. Looking forward to some sunspots/flux hopefully soon to really have some fun with this antenna!

CHARLA Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2009 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Much better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
An update for the EZwire antenna of yesterday. Since my last review I have improved matters considerably by a series of earthing straps which I thought were not needed. It now peforms much better. It's like an inverted L with earth to the balun However I would have thought this antenna should perform with out this additional earthing.

W2KLS Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2009 08:56 Send this review to a friend
a good end fed long wire antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna (the longer one at 32m {105ft}) mainly to see how it would work in a space restricted property on 40m and 80m. I have a Cushcraft R-6000 vertical for 6m-20m. The EZ-Wire is set up as follows: the feed point is at 35 ft at the top of my house sloping down to about 13 ft and then sloping back up at 90dgs to about 18 ft. I use either the auto tuner in my TS-850 or a Drake MN-4 for my TS-830. The 850 tunes the wire easily on all bands. The best swr reading at 80m using the TS-830 is a 1:1.5 (the best that tuner can do) But tunes wonderfully on 20m-40m. I received the following reports using only 100w in poor band conditions between 5/27 and 5/30/09:
80m VE1CKR - 5/9+, VE1LEO 5/9, and great reports across the USA
40m: HK1NK:5/6, UA3GUX:5/5, USA stations: 5/5 - 5/9+
20M: UR3IFD:5/7, EA8YB:5/7, IZ8IXG:5/7, RZ3EC:5/9, EA3LI:5/7, and MI0SAI:5/7, USA stations: 5/5 - 5/9+

Ideally, the antenna would probably get better reports if it were positioned higher. The TS-850sat tunes the wire on 160m, but I am very rarely there. Overall, I am very pleased with the antenna.

KE2RR Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2009 05:14 Send this review to a friend
one year  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used this for a year now, on all bands, and MARS freq. Tunes great with a LDG 7000 tuner, consistantly working the US from Germany on all freq. My G5RV doesnt even get close to the performance I get from this short line.