Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Powerstream 12volt 12 volt power supply Help

Reviews Summary for Powerstream 12volt 12 volt power supply
Powerstream 12volt 12 volt power supply Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $$145.48
Description: Part # PST-SR700
This unit takes in 14-9 volts and puts out 13.8 volts.
More info: http://www.powerstream.com/

You can write your own review of the Powerstream 12volt 12 volt power supply.

K6TFZ Rating: 1/5 Dec 14, 2009 08:58 Send this review to a friend
LOTS of HF noise  Time owned: more than 12 months
It boosts the voltage to 13.8 vdc (slight variable by internal pot) just fine but there are wandering birdies all over the place and they are loud on 7 and 14 MHz. I scoped it and tried a few toroids and caps to see if I could make a difference but it was to no avail. Changed to the unit made by N8XJK and now everything is nice and quiet.

KB9LGS Rating: 4/5 Jul 11, 2008 09:35 Send this review to a friend
works great.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using one of these in my camper for about a year. My operating position is at the back of the camper and the battery is at the front. To much of a voltage drop to get good results when transmitting. Also when plugged into AC I had to have a power supply because the built in one in the camper was putting out to noisy of power. It was taking a lot of fun out of operating.

Got this unit and it solved both problems. I get great reviews on my signal. To operate HF SSB and VHF/UHF. I found that I needed to actually ground my camper or I got some reports of noise ie: of reports of "great signal level, but nois. Still fully usable". But by either having the camper plugged into commercial AC and therefore grounded according to the wiring or in some manner grounding the camper and I get good reviews of my hf signal.

Planning to include a second battery in the mix.