Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | REP Design BKT-HondaRL-1 Antenna Bracket for Ridgeline Pickups Help

Reviews Summary for REP Design BKT-HondaRL-1 Antenna Bracket for Ridgeline Pickups
REP Design BKT-HondaRL-1 Antenna Bracket for Ridgeline Pickups Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $180 bare aluminum or $230 powder
Description: 51 inch long bracket that bolts to the two Honda stock tie down clips, without drilling any holes. Made from heavy duty 4 inch wide Type 6061 aluminum channel. Allows installation of multiple antennas directly behind cab. Works with and without Honda bed cover.
More info: http://www.repdesign.us

You can write your own review of the REP Design BKT-HondaRL-1 Antenna Bracket for Ridgeline Pickups.

WB1DBY Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2009 10:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had designed a antenna mount for my Honda Ridgeline that got the job done, but looked aweful. Against the new truck, it stood out and had some motion to it that made me nervous.

I had met Dick, N1EMW at a local flea market and contact him about an idea I had, but I didn't have the resources or tools to create it myself. We met one day for a few hours and came up with the design for the BKT-HondaRL-1. That's my truck in the picture and on his web site and on K0BG's web site.

The mount is awesome. It's black and nearly invisible which is perfect. It provides an excellent ground point in wither the left or right or both sides of the mount. I can have my Yaesu ATAS-120, APRS mobile and VHF/UHF antennas on there and still use my kayak racks on the roof w/o interfering with the antennas or hitting them. The bracket is super strong too. No sway or movement. More antennas or other connection types can be added or modified easily.

It's performance has been excellent. The ground has remained solid since install in summer of 2008 (It's now summer of 2009). I still get positive comments from other hams.

The only downside of the design is that I lose my two tie downs at the top back of the truck bed. Dick and I are bouncing some ideas around to modify that. So far I have taken a small kayak strap, wrapped it around the mount at the end and attached what ever needs to be strapped to it. It's quick and easy and temporary and works. An easy work around.

I can't reccomend this bracket enough! It really is an excellent product. (I don't get any kickbacks from Dick either)