Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | KAWA CIV USB I/F For Icom 718 and others Help

Reviews Summary for KAWA CIV USB I/F For Icom 718 and others
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $4.95 on ebay stores
Description: Short cable and driver disk for limited control of Icom radios.

You can write your own review of the KAWA CIV USB I/F For Icom 718 and others.

NY4I Rating: 4/5 Mar 1, 2010 14:49 Send this review to a friend
Windows 7 and IC738  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this using the CD that came with the cable, but I am running Windows 7 so I had some issues. You have to go to the manufacturer's site (Prolific) to get their latest driver. The driver can be found here: http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/files/%5CIO%20Cable%5CPL-2303%5CDrivers%20-%20Generic%5CWindows%5CPL2303_Prolific_GPS_1013_20090319.zip

So far, the only thing that can talk with this cable and Windows 7 is TRLOG4W. I tried XMLog and a few others but no joy yet.

AA8GK Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2009 07:28 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Firstly, bought mine through e-Bay. I think it took 3-4 days after placing the order and it's in my mailbox. I love speedy delivery!!!!

Great price! I think the shipping cost about as much as the cable itself! Plugged it into my 756 Pro and my Dell desktop, made a few config changes in Ham Radio Deluxe, and I'm off and running. I felt like a novice after my first CW contact when I stepped into the world of computer-controlled radio! Very, VERY cool!

One word of warning: when you purchase this cable, that's what you get: a cable. Period. No instructions. However, if you are using one of the MANY rig control programs out there, THAT is really the documentation you should be using.

I love America and how someone can make money selling things like the KAWA CIV cable. It's a great product at a great price! I'm just thrilled. I can't wait to get off of work so I can go home and play!

K6KAP Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2008 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Works great with IC-765  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased my CIV interface from KAWA nearly a year ago. It controls my IC-765 very well. I use it with HRD and Logwindow logging program

WA4NUN Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2008 16:44 Send this review to a friend
works well no probs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just a follow up from my initial review. It is still working as well as other interfaces that I have tried before at way less money, and BTW it ships from the midwest, not overseas. CIV is somewhat limited on the 718 Icom, but can change bands adjust af and rf gains usb to lsb etc which is all I need when working at the PC. I use it with HRD and strongly reccommend as it is well built, and even if it was still where the dog could bump into it, it would not break, as the connector seems to be well molded to the interface......very happy!

WA4NUN Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2008 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Very Good So Far  Time owned: months
Bought this product as a replacement to a $56 brand name piece of junk that an 8 pound dog broke just by bumping into it. It arrived within a week, had the virtual serial port driver disk, and it worked. The cable is one piece and less than 2 feet, so you may need either a usb cable extension, or a spare hub to get that close to your radio