Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | AA9PW On-Line Practice Exam Help

Reviews Summary for AA9PW On-Line Practice Exam
AA9PW On-Line Practice Exam Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $FREE - donations accepted
Description: An free, on-line service providing practice exams for all three FCC amateur
licenses. Exam formats are similar to actual tests, providing a realistic testing
experience.
More info: http://aa9pw.com/

You can write your own review of the AA9PW On-Line Practice Exam.

W2NSF Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2014 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Still the only one I recommend  Time owned: more than 12 months
Unlike all the other exam preps, this one simulates the actual test-taking atmosphere by allowing you to take an entire test - beginning to end - before letting you know how you did.

This replicates the situation you find when you take a test for real at a VE session, and I believe it better prepares you for the test.

It is the one I had the most success with and I continue to recommend it to anyone trying to get a license or upgrade.

N5SOM Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2013 10:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent online test pratice source  Time owned: months
I found AA9PW's site excellent for all of my practice tests. I did wonder if the random question generator was working correctly, especially with the EXTRA. I have and will continue to recommend this site to anyone entering or wanting to upgrade their license.
My email contact with Simon were quickly addressed and a non-responsive link corrected.

Thanks, Simon for helping better the amateur radio community.

N5TWB Rating: 2/5 Jul 27, 2013 21:32 Send this review to a friend
Need more for Extra  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This worked for my General but the material covered by Extra is much more challenging and wide-ranging. I combined the testing with Gordon West's study guide but still didn't experience enough of the technical material because the software just doesn't seem to randomize to the level of the actual testing. Of course, I can admit it also could be just me and my study habits or ability to absorb the level of technical material that's covered. Like another comment noted, I'm generally cheap but it looks like I'm off to pay some money to get over this hump.

5B4HK Rating: 4/5 Oct 30, 2012 11:49 Send this review to a friend
OK, but quirky  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used this program, along with others, to pass my Technician and General exams. While it works well, the random sampler (or not-so-random sampler) kept asking me a set of the same questions. Obviously, those questions were no more likely than others to appear on the exam. On the positive side, it is very clear which questions you failed and what the correct answer should have been.

KB5ZA Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2012 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Resource  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great site. Take an entire test or just the problem areas. A big thank you to AA9PW for the time and effort for this site,

N1WBD Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2009 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Free Site!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used AA9PW to study for my General and found it to be best best practice test site on the net.

I refuse to pay for something that is available for free elsewhere. Call me cheap.

W2NSF Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2008 15:02 Send this review to a friend
The only way to go...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used this resource to practice, and eventually pass, all three written license exams. It is a resource that accurately simulates the actual test environment - something which some people find more useful than other practice exams, which interrupt the test t provide feedback. This exam lets you take the entire test, then lets you know how you did at the end.