Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | eQSO Help

Reviews Summary for eQSO
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $FREE!
Description: eQSO is a client/server software program designed by Amateur Radio enthusiasts for linking Amateur Radio RF gateways and repeaters via the Internet. The software may be used by licensed Amateur Radio operators and Short Wave Listeners provided the rules are followed.
More info: http://www.eqso.org/

You can write your own review of the eQSO.

K0IVK Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2009 08:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Software-No users  Time owned: more than 12 months
First I want to say, I give the E QSO software a 5 rating. The software is EXCELLENT!! I first used the system back around 2002. At that time, it was VERY active. However E QSO now seems to be a dead project(NO ACTIVITY). I noticed this trend a few years ago and removed the software myself. I reinstalled it a few weeks ago and seems it is even worse now. I am not exactly sure why the program has been abandoned by it's former users.It could have been because of the registration process, or it could have been because of the attitude of SOME of the Administration. I have witnessed some unnecesary rude and arrogant behavior by E QSO administration. It could be because of a general abandonment of UHF/VHF ham frequencies. It is a shame, whatever reason.

WA8MEA Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2008 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Better than EchoLink!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Give this project a chance to grow, and it will surpass EchoLink.

Much more user friendly, without all of the firewall and port hassles that one gets with EchoLink. I can't really compare this to CQ100 since that's an entirely different animal with it's use of a "virtual" transceiver.

Sign up was a breeze. Couldn't believe they were that speedy on a weekend! Sent a copy of my license via jpg and within hours, had my password and software key. Download and set-up was only a couple of minutes.

Seems to be more DX activity than U.S. But that's OK.

Yes, it's not "real" ham radio. However, I enjoy telling folks that SOMEWHERE along the line between you and the party you are in QSO with, you ARE using radio. Whether it was the home wireless router, the microwave telephone link or the satellite feed (or all three), somewhere along that transmission route, radio WAS USED!

Besides, this is perfect for nursing homes, assisted living, shut-ins, antenna restricted subdivisions or people with a laptop on-the-go.