Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | MDS RC-1 Antenna Rotator Controller Help

Reviews Summary for MDS RC-1 Antenna Rotator Controller
MDS RC-1 Antenna Rotator Controller Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $250
Description: Digital Antenna Rotator Controller for HiGain Rotators (HAM-M, HAM-IV, Tailtwister) Yeasu, and other antenna rotators
More info: http://www.mds-ham.com

You can write your own review of the MDS RC-1 Antenna Rotator Controller.

W1JCW Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2012 17:51 Send this review to a friend
Nice product / great service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very nice product, specially for the money. Glen worked with me on the weekend to clear up a couple of installation questions. I had the product interface with my PC and working manual in about an hour. It was easy to install and wire up the jones plug.

KG5VK Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2012 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product Fantastic support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This product is only surpassed by the Outstanding customer support.
Several of us in our area wanted a slower rotation of our long boom Yagi's and we asked the MDS Team
They provided us a slightly cheaper model of the RC-1 that will turn our long boom yagi even slower
than normal.
MDS is a company that that makes Ham's thrilled to deal with other Ham's !!!

Steve
KG5VK

AGYOUNG Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2012 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Replacement for G-800 DXA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The MDS RC-1 is a very nice controller. I have a Yaesu G-800 DXA that is operational, I just got tired of the amount of noise it generated, in addition to light replacement quite frequently. This unit is just fantastic. Very easy to see, quite small so I can keep it on my desk as opposed to on a separate shelf. Makes no noise while in operation and just works very well. Very satisfied.
N5AGY

AL7HG Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2011 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Initially great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Yaesu rotor was fried by lightning so I bought this as an alternative. I have had this for a week and so far it is much smoother to operate than the Yaesu box. Easy to see and actually a lot faster response than the older ones. I have poor vision and can actually see this across the room.

I have two towers with two Yaesu rotors. They are sending me a connector to enable it to be used with the older Yaesu plugs. I might even buy a second one of these for my other rotor!

W0ZS Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2011 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Decent rotor controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this with DX4Win and Writelog and it works great. It's nice to hit a key and have it automatically turn to the direction of the DX! It has a nice bright display. I use mine with a Ham IV and use the power supply from the controller to power the MDS. Very nice product.

W1JWC Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2010 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Works Perfect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great performance at a great price.
Excellent technical support from the MDS folks.
I use it with PstRotatorAZ and it works perfect. Just click on a map and the rotor turns. Great for remote operation via internet.

AB4SA Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2009 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product right out of the box  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just put my RC-1 into service running my 1000sdx rotor. Directions and setup were stright forward. I gave it a 5 because over all I have had no issues from box to installation to controling rotator. I use rotator to turn 3el A3s beam. I would purchase this item again and MDS folks were very nice to work with.

W2FBS Rating: 4/5 Sep 25, 2008 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Nice Controller  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this at Dayton this year and they shipped it home for me. Nice people to work with. I have the Yaesu version and it works great with my 800 series rotor. The readout is big and bright and the point to shoot is easy to use. The computer controlled positioning works well with Ham Radio Deluxe.
Having a method to build in your local declination is great too.

My only complaints are that the refreshing of the directional LCD flashes very apparently and is sometimes disturbing and the unit itself is rather small , which is good, but skids around on the desk top. A good unit at a price far less than a replacement Yaesu control box, if you can find one. I would recommend it.

WN5V Rating: 4/5 Jul 24, 2008 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Good product - still needs a bit of work to achieve perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pro's - easy to install, works right out of the box. If you don't have one of the newer HiGAIN rotators, you may have to put a Jones plug on the controller cable.

Con's - Still needs a bit of work. New product - for HiGain, only tested by factory on HAM II rotator. On my Tailwister, had a bit of problem turning it to desired direction, but did get there with a little bit of persuasion (additional clicks on the computer graphic controller display). Interfaces with all computer programs that use the HiGAIN DCU1 communications protocol.