Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | MDS RC-1 Antenna Rotator Controller Help

Reviews Summary for MDS RC-1 Antenna Rotator Controller
MDS RC-1 Antenna Rotator Controller Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $250
Description: Digital Antenna Rotator Controller for HiGain Rotators (HAM-M, HAM-IV, Tailtwister) Yeasu, and other antenna rotators
More info: http://www.mds-ham.com

You can write your own review of the MDS RC-1 Antenna Rotator Controller.

W5PR Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2013 11:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Rotor Control  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought one of these a few months ago to control a Yaesu G-2700 I bought without a controller. It is a great unit and I just ordered a second one for my G-2800 on the second tower.

W2FZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2013 11:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Product for Remote Operation  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this several years ago. Finally got the radio up and running on remote operation. This RC-1 was key to successful operation. Not only does it work great, so is the service. They stand behind the product and respond to questions immediately.

I would recommend this product without any hesitation.

N8BQQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2012 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Works Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This unit works very well. Easy to set up. Works very well with HRD. Stops within a degree or two every time. Well thought out features and firmware.

VA7TF Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2012 13:48 Send this review to a friend
Great product?Excelent service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I bit the bullet and bought RC-1. Although there are other controllers around, the price and features convinced me. I am using a HAM IV rotator. After some help from Glen at MDS, this is a real gem. Although it does not come with a 24 vac power supply, I used the HAM IV power supply at first ( The RC-1 manual explains how to use the HAM controller power supply), but have since made a seperate 24 vac power supply. Ham Radio Deluxe has a great controller program. Also, PstRotator and PstRotatorAz work great.

W1JCW Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2012 17:51 Send this review to a friend
Nice product / great service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very nice product, specially for the money. Glen worked with me on the weekend to clear up a couple of installation questions. I had the product interface with my PC and working manual in about an hour. It was easy to install and wire up the jones plug.

KG5VK Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2012 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product Fantastic support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This product is only surpassed by the Outstanding customer support.
Several of us in our area wanted a slower rotation of our long boom Yagi's and we asked the MDS Team
They provided us a slightly cheaper model of the RC-1 that will turn our long boom yagi even slower
than normal.
MDS is a company that that makes Ham's thrilled to deal with other Ham's !!!

Steve
KG5VK

AGYOUNG Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2012 11:39 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Replacement for G-800 DXA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The MDS RC-1 is a very nice controller. I have a Yaesu G-800 DXA that is operational, I just got tired of the amount of noise it generated, in addition to light replacement quite frequently. This unit is just fantastic. Very easy to see, quite small so I can keep it on my desk as opposed to on a separate shelf. Makes no noise while in operation and just works very well. Very satisfied.
N5AGY

AL7HG Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2011 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Initially great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Yaesu rotor was fried by lightning so I bought this as an alternative. I have had this for a week and so far it is much smoother to operate than the Yaesu box. Easy to see and actually a lot faster response than the older ones. I have poor vision and can actually see this across the room.

I have two towers with two Yaesu rotors. They are sending me a connector to enable it to be used with the older Yaesu plugs. I might even buy a second one of these for my other rotor!

W0ZS Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2011 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Decent rotor controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this with DX4Win and Writelog and it works great. It's nice to hit a key and have it automatically turn to the direction of the DX! It has a nice bright display. I use mine with a Ham IV and use the power supply from the controller to power the MDS. Very nice product.

W1JWC Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2010 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Works Perfect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great performance at a great price.
Excellent technical support from the MDS folks.
I use it with PstRotatorAZ and it works perfect. Just click on a map and the rotor turns. Great for remote operation via internet.