Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Create CL6DXZ Help

Reviews Summary for Create CL6DXZ
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 8 Element yagi. 15dbi. 3Kw PEP
More info: http://www.cd-corp.com/eng/ama/default.htm

You can write your own review of the Create CL6DXZ.

CT1HZU Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2008 02:44 Send this review to a friend
High performant  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had luck in the day I choose to assemble the antenna and put it to work. However, I was a bit concerned on the first moments.
After descending the tower, went the shack and I could not hear anything… nothing at all. So, I changed to the longwire antenna (with my Ameritron RCS10) and could hear some station, with a very low signal. That was strange, what have I done wrong! Well, after a while reviewing all the assemble aspects, the only thing that was due to failure was the RCS-10, I though. So I went outside again, climbed the tower and changed the port where the coaxial from the antenna was connected. Tried again and still no results. Then I remember… wait a moment… I have in between the Bencher YA-1 low pass filter. So I got the product information sheet and saw the reason. It works until the 29.7 Mhz… As soon I “removed” it from the way, a brand new world appeared. The band was crowded. On that day I made more then 100 contacts with the new antenna and I was very happy. About the performance, well it’s difficult to say , since this is my first 6 meter antenna, and I only can compare with my longwire and the 4 element yagi for 10 meter (in RX of course). Well, when comparing the longwire against the CL6DXZ there is a huge signal difference, about 8 S units in the worst case. When comparing it against the 4 element yagi for 10 meter, there is a signal difference of 4 S units. I don’t have friends nearby with antennas like this one, so I cannot compare it’s performance with others. In CT, 6 meter band is granted by request to the national authority, nowadays only hams of top class, can operate 50Mhz, but the power is very limited, in my case only 20 Watts, however, until today, every station I heard I could work it, so I have no complaints about it so far.
The materials used are top class, high grade aluminium and stainless steel accessories. But, I like to put always a bit of myself in everything I touch hi hi, so I added a vertical guy wire from almost end to end. Since the antenna has a 9 meter long boom, (29.5 foot), when I first lift it, still in the ground, it was a bit arched, so I used a 2mm (0.08 inches) kevlar rope UV resistant and it was now according with my quality standards. Some aspects could be improved, like for instances the boom and element caps. I had to cover all tube ends (boom and elements) so that dirty and water won’t enter.
73’s de