Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | M2 7EL Help

Reviews Summary for M2 7EL
M2 7EL Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $115.00
Description: 144 MHz yagi
More info: http://www.m2inc.com/

You can write your own review of the M2 7EL.

WV4I Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2008 04:21 Send this review to a friend
7el for 144mhz  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another M2 product, that like the rest, is a superb design, and fit/finish. The elements are 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum. All parts are deburred, edged, have close fit tolerance, and are of the highest quality. The antenna showed near unity on my analyzer at 144.200. It has N connectors. The instructions are clear, and it is simple to assemble.

Does it work? Granted, the second night of use we had an Es opening apparently, but with antenna height of 20 feet, fixed direction NW, I worked northern IL fm South FL. The other station was S8 at times, about a 1000 mile QSO. I was using 400W, but at S8, could've done it barefoot.

This antenna has an approzx 8' boom, which is more manageable than the 2M9's boom length, for my setup, but that's also a fine antenna.

If you need an antenna for any band that M2 makes, I'd look no further. If you've wrestled thru other mfgr's antennas, construction, instructions, tech lines, i.e. Gap and MFJ, you'll appreciate the M2. Higher priced, but well worth it.

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2001 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent small 2M yagi  Time owned: more than 12 months
I wanted to explore 2M SSB a few years ago. I did not have enough room for a larger antenna so I bought the M2 7 element yagi. It has a very sturdy element-through-the-boom design which takes a little care during contruction. Tuning it up was simple and I really like the fact that it uses an N-connector instead of a PL-259. I have worked many states, including an exciting QSO with Tampa, FL from the Chicago area using a 20 watt radio. I consistantly work stations out 200 miles and I gladly recommend it.

WI4NDS Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2000 03:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: unknown months
I used one of these several years ago for 2 Meter SSB from an attic location. First of all, in this poor location, SWR never passed 2:1 even with the antenna pointed directly into the furnace stack inches away. I worked about 14 states using 150 watts, one being Texas during an opening, from Columbus, Ohio. This antenna was only 13 feet above ground. A very well-made antenna, very sturdy, good F/B and side lobes even in that attic. A REAL performer. I had a different call at the time. Imagine had it been up in the air. Would recommend M2 yagis to any & everyone. M.C. McCarty.