Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | King Conversions 6 meter amps Help

Reviews Summary for King Conversions 6 meter amps
King Conversions 6 meter amps Reviews: 74 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: HF amplifier conversion to 6M
More info: http://www.kingconversions.com

You can write your own review of the King Conversions 6 meter amps.

AK4Y Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2014 06:56 Send this review to a friend
SUPER AMP on 6m  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered an amp From Lou King a few months ago & was not disappointed. It came very well boxed in two boxes. After getting it all hooked up & tubes in I warmed it up about 10 minutes & within an hour I worked 3 SA DX stations with just over 1045 watts only putting in 50 or 55 watts. I've worked to West Texas & the North East with good reports of 59+ & the band has not opened up much this spring yet. This amp (SB-220)is quieter than my SB-200 on HF. I'm very satisfied with this amp & the reports I receive from it. Dialing my input exciter up I have easily put out 1300 & 1400 watts with no trouble even though I aim at just over 1000 watts most of the time. I don't know what max output may be & I'm not going to push it. Try one, you'll like it!

KB2FCV Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2014 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Top notch!   Time owned: more than 12 months
While I don't own a King Conversion amp, Lou fixed my meter for my SB-200 with a quick turnaround. He was friendly to deal with and he really knows these amps inside and out. He was happy to answer any of my questions. Don't hesitate at all to deal with Lou!

KB1N Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2014 07:01 Send this review to a friend
W1QJ - Lou Parascondola  Time owned: months
Lou repaired my Tl-922A amp, after glitch resistors blew, due to a long period of activity and 'gassy' tubes. Lou's communication and work is outstanding... could not be better. Materials used are top-notch and correct. Solder work is clean and carefully done. My amp was not converted, but repaired, re-tubed, and the 10 meter mod added. I have absolute trust in Lou. Contact me for more information.

WB7QXU Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2013 13:05 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say enough great things about LOU. He is by far the Best. He has done many great things for me. His conversions are top notch. Very great guy to do business with, and very fair. Great work, A++++++ better than could be expected. Great service, great fast communications. Great packing and shipping.
If you have a problem with a Amp, or need a conversion, or Mod update, Lou is the only one I would trust. Exceeds all expectations, fair and honest. You just love the craftsmanship and be so happy with you "new" amp.

NJ5W Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2013 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Job!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I rebuilt a SB220 that I got from a local ham and then shipped it off to Lou for conversion. He did a great job and it came back working great on 6 mtrs putting out over a KW. First contact with it was an XE1 and the band wasn't even open!! He also fixed a couple of minor issues that I hadn't caught, so it came back better than new.

VE9AA Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2013 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Pricey, but quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Supplied Lou with amp. Needed some minor repairs, but came back in a /reasonable/ amount of time. Good job, but add in price for shipping, etc that Canadians pay, it was on the pricey side. Still, amp works well and so far has not let me down.

W1DVZ Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Top Shelf  Time owned: months
Lou received my SB-220 in rather sketchy condition, and performed his usual magic on it. When I got it home, I damaged the relay during the tube install. Lou worked with me in both the diagnosis and repair, which did require another back and forth shipment to his business. Received it back today, and have been on the air on a nice coincidental 6 meter opening tonight (05-02-13).

The audio and signal reports are fantastic, and I'm only running about have power into my PAR Moxon (another fantastic product, BTW, from Dale Parfitt of PAR Electronics).

What a pleasure to do business with Lou. A gentleman an genuine pro at his business....QRO King is Top Shelf.

K7EK Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2012 07:30 Send this review to a friend
I had my old SB-220 converted to 50 mhz  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lou, W1QJ,converted my SB-220 to six meters. His work is exemplary. He is an expert on these conversions and I highly recommend him. I am extremely pleased with the conversion. My SB-220 now allows me to be more competitive on six meters. It now provides more power out on six meters than was produced on HF!

I urge those that choose to have an amplifier converted to first contact Lou for some very specific instructions concerning packing and mode of shipment, whether you send your amp from home, or directly to him from an Ebay seller. All too often there is insufficient packing and what ends up on Lou's door step is a wreck. Don't skimp. You do not want to be disappointed. Contact Lou before you send your amp and follow his instructions to the letter. I shipped my SB-220 from Washington State to Lou's east coast QTH, following his packing and shipping instructions. The package made it there and back in fine shape.

Lou takes care of cosmetics too. My QRO-King Six Meter SB-220 looked like a brand new amplifier when I took it out of the box. See the picture here and on Lou's web page.

See you on Six meters!

K6CS Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2011 17:43 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you have EVER thought about getting a QRO amp, contact Lou first!
Helluva nice guy to deal with and most certainly knows his stuff. I'm VERY pleased with the Heathkit SB-221 I purchased from him out of his limited stock.
And shipping? That man needs to go show packing services how it's done. My amp & tubes came in separate boxes and I swear, you could drop them from 5 feet up & never have to worry about damage!

Lou, thanks bunches..Simply the BEST!

(For those of you needing RARE grid CN 71, watch out. I'll be there again during the summer running my new, King Conversions Amp portable!)

KD0USA Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2011 14:39 Send this review to a friend
SB-201- 6 Meter Conversion  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Lou did his MAGIC on my Heathkit SB-201, I bought it used off a Ham and it had some issues, Lou worked with me through many emails and even sent me several pieces with no charge to try to get it back up working without having to spend big shipping cost. Eventually I had to send it back to the 6 Meter Majic Doctor Mr, Lou at KING Conversions. It runs perfect now and was repaired very fast and also sent me directions on how to tune up the amp properly. Now I have a great 6 meter conversion amp that will last a long time, GREAT SERVICE Lou ! and a Tech that know what his business is, which is hard to come by nowadays. 73's Lou