Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs Best 1:1 Balun 1.5 - 35 Mhz Dipoles & Yagis 5kw - Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs Best 1:1 Balun 1.5 - 35 Mhz Dipoles & Yagis 5kw -
Balun Designs Best 1:1 Balun 1.5 - 35 Mhz Dipoles & Yagis 5kw - Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$62.95
Description: This is a current balun and has the widest operating frequency range, lowest core stress and provides the best overall balance of any balun for given cost, size, and weight. This balun is the best type to balance currents on each side of a 1/2 wave dipole or the driven element of a yagi while providing the perfect transition from a balanced antenna to unbalanced coax feedline.
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com/servlet/the-32/balun-designs-baluns-1-cln-1/Detail

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs Best 1:1 Balun 1.5 - 35 Mhz Dipoles & Yagis 5kw -.

K0ZN Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2014 21:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Balun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought and installed the Balun Designs 1116de balun, optimized for the lower bands, on my 80 M dipole. The intention/need was to eliminate picking up vertically polarized powerline noise off the coax shield. The unit is well made, shows care in construction and sealing. Communications with Balun Designs in pre-purchase period were A++. You might find an equal product and vendor, but you won't find a better one. I will definitely buy from Balun Designs again in the future.

73, K0ZN

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2014 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Custom Model 1116DU  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Balun Design made a 1 to1 Maxi Choke Balun 5kW that incorporates a 500pf capacitor in the feedline for the ZS6BKW/G5RV to lower the SWR on 75m so you can use it with your standard HF radio tuner found in most HF rigs. This Choke Balun brought the SWR down from 8 to 1+ to a reasonable 2.5 to 1 at 3.750. Bob of Balun Design built this special case balum for my station requirements, the price was very reasonable an workmanship the best. Its great to deal with people like Bob that like HAM radio as much as I
THANK YOU, Balun Design....................KB6HRT

KB6QXM Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2013 21:07 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had RF ingress on my Flex 5000a. Oscillations started at 80 meters and got worse as the wavelengths became shorter. My rig was unusable at 20 meters and above. At times it would go into full oscillation. Purchased the 1115DU, installed it on the back of the rig. No RF ingress! Gone! Now I can use my SDR for more than an 80 meter rig. I have read other reviews that it is an inexpensive UNUN. I do not think that $80+ dollars plus over 10 dollars to ship is cheap, but it WORKS!

KJ7CY Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2013 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Great performance since 2008  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the 1115t 1:1 current balun since 2008 with no problems, no overheating issues or any other issues at all. I am using it at the end of a 115ft. run of 450 ohm ladder line feeding an Alpha Delta DX-DD dipole in order to multi-band the antenna and to eliminate the loss associated with the use of coax. The ladder line comes into the shack and attaches to the balun. A short length of RG-8 coax goes from the balun to the input of an Alpha Delta coax switch and another short length of RG-8 coax goes to the input of an Ameritron ATR-15 antenna tuner.I run up to 1200 watts with a Heathkit SB-221 amplifier on 15-80 meters. The tuner tunes all bands from 10-80 meters with ease. These baluns are simply built to last and are very dependable. I highly recommend the baluns from Balun Designs.

W4SVC Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2012 17:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried a lot of the cheaper baluns out on the market in the past and payed the price. (Wasted time and effort). Thanks to Bob at Balun Designs I have an antenna that works 100% with almost no swr and 100% of the time. If your building or repairing an antenna see Bob at Balun Designs first you will not be sorry.Thank You Bob at Balun Designs I'm spending more time on the radio and less time fiddling with the antennas.

N3US Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2011 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Awesome Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used the model 1115S with SSC2 mounting clamp as a near drop-in replacement for a Hygain BN-86 Balun on my TH7-DXX beam. The workmanship is superior and Bob was so patient with my many questions since I wanted to minimize the number of tower climbs (been a ham since age 14 and now age 62). I definitely will be purchasing additional Balun Design products. Moreover, Bob shipped quickly and he only charged the actual USPS priority mail rates.

K3PA Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2011 04:32 Send this review to a friend
Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have purchased several of these baluns. They are well built and I have had no problems. This is *NOT* something I can say about many competitors. Customer service is excellent; I had a rush need and the owner was very helpful. Highly recommended.

K4RH Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2011 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Great Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had a bulun up that was the round one (you know the maker) 1.5k pwr rated it would over heat,SWR would go up and did cover much of the 40m band. When I when to the Balun Design balum that took care of all of that. I know where I will go to get a balum.

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2009 17:04 Send this review to a friend
There is no better balun  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bob make baluns to your specs.They are indestructable to any high power RF.His prices are lower than the bigger companies which use inferior material.Theese baluns last a lifetime in the elements.Just look at his reviews. It says it all. Thanks bob for an excellent product.

N3DG3 Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2009 19:37 Send this review to a friend
A Balun is not a Balun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently did some research to install a new balun on my True-Talk G5RV which I use at a portable location. The original coax balun has taken a beating over the years from extreme weather and operating conditions. Eham reviews gave unanimous Perfect 5.0 scores for the Balun Designs Series, which appeared to be more cost-effective than those form Array Solutions and DX Engineering. The design and housing appeared similar to the more expensive Array Solutions Baluns and I was concerned about the water leaks reported with some of the reviews cited from DX Engineering. Balun Designs also provides an unprecedented Lifetime Warranty on their products. Both Kerry at True-Talk and Bob Rumsey from Balun Designs recommended a 1:1 Balun. I wanted something that would sustain high-power and high-current, not the cheap ferrite bead/core junk that shorts out at 100 watts with an out-of-resonance antenna.

Bob recommended the 1115td which is their very best Maximum Choking Balun using a most reliable and durable DUAL CORE for Maximum Isolation and rated at over 5 KW. I was very impressed at the inside photographs on their website and the price was under $80. Single Core Baluns are even less expensive.

Bob was most kind and patient answering all of my questions on the phone through some lengthy calls as well as several emails in full detail, he was very responsive, accessible, polite and helpful. Bob shipped my Custom-Made Balun to me within 24 hours, perfectly constructed inside with both the material and workmanship most impressive.

The Balun Designs balun was easy to install with its mounting holes, the exterior hardware is all stainless-steel, and he also offers a stainless-steel hose-clamp mount as a nice option for booms, etc.

After installing the Balun Designs 1115td, I only wished that I had used it initially when I installed the antenna. The G5RV received so much better, much less noise, the signals jumped, and the SWR was lower with a broader bandwidth and far easier now to tune. Other side-effects and anomalies of the original coaxial balun also disappeared and I found the refurbished G5RV to be far more weatherproof than the coax balun which could be prone to a leak.

I am very satisfied with my Balun Designs Dual Core Maximum Choking Balun and I intend to use them with my other wire antennas. Even more, I am very pleased with the time, recommendations, suggestions, advice and customer service of Bob Rumsey of Balun Designs as well as the quality and value of his products.

Dennis Gazak