Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Balun Designs Best 1:1 Balun 1.5 - 35 Mhz Dipoles & Yagis 5kw - Help

Reviews Summary for Balun Designs Best 1:1 Balun 1.5 - 35 Mhz Dipoles & Yagis 5kw -
Balun Designs Best 1:1 Balun 1.5 - 35 Mhz Dipoles & Yagis 5kw - Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$62.95
Description: This is a current balun and has the widest operating frequency range, lowest core stress and provides the best overall balance of any balun for given cost, size, and weight. This balun is the best type to balance currents on each side of a 1/2 wave dipole or the driven element of a yagi while providing the perfect transition from a balanced antenna to unbalanced coax feedline.
More info: http://www.balundesigns.com/servlet/the-32/balun-designs-baluns-1-cln-1/Detail

You can write your own review of the Balun Designs Best 1:1 Balun 1.5 - 35 Mhz Dipoles & Yagis 5kw -.

W9AC Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2009 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I asked Bob to customize the antenna binding posts on his 400-watt Model 4110bt balun. I like using standard dual banana plugs with 0.75-inch spacing. He fulfilled that request in 24 hours and I'm very pleased with the result. This is my fifth balun product from Bob. As usual, a solid 5.

W4YHD Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2009 11:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Engineering, Great Value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the Balun Designs model# 1115e Balun for 1 year+ at legal limit power with no problems. This is a 1:1 current type "choke" Balun rated for up to 5kW use. I specified the option with the Center Eye Hook to assist in hanging the center of a 6 band dipole antenna. This Balun can be easily opened up for maintenance and inspection which is an important feature! Inside, the components are very high quality with Teflon silver plated coax wound neatly on a moisture sealed ferrite core. The construction is very neat and professional with nothing hidden or second rate! RF performance test data and internal construction pictures are provided at the Balun Designs web site: www.balundesigns.com

I did speak to Bob on the phone with a few engineering questions and he was very responsive, professional, and nice to speak with! I consider the Balun Designs product line to be a well engineered and carefully manufactured product that is probably the best dollar value out there.

There are only a few well engineered Baluns in the Amateur Radio market (NOT the PVC tube ones!) and Balun Designs is an excellent choice for solid performance and a great dollar value!

I highly recommend Balun Designs for your Balun needs. You won't be disappointed!

KC8SQI Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2009 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Balun and Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob, was very helpful with my purchase. Very nicely built balun. It works great, better than others I have bought and used till I received this one. I just purchased a 4 to 1 Balun and will give feedback for that one. If it works as good as it looks, I will have purchased another fine product.

KL7AI Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2008 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Balun  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used at my station on many dipoles. 80/75 and 40 doing legal limit QRO. Holds up when other have failed. I am a believer and very pleased. You will be too!

K6ELQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2008 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality, great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 1115t balun for use on my Tennadyne T10 log periodic antenna to replace the standard Collins balun. What a difference. The first thing I noticed was that my Timewave TZ-900 antenna analyzer now works with this antenna. The balun completely eliminated the common mode 60 Hz noise that was somehow getting on the feed line and giving the analyzer fits. Bob is easy to work with and will work with you to make small modifications to his products to suit your particular needs. Good products, good service and good prices. I don't think you can go wrong with any of his baluns.

PY2AN Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2008 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was made an impression with the quality of the construction of balun and the used materials.Bob is a great guy. It answered all quickly my questions.I recommend balun designs highly