Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET Help

Reviews Summary for AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET
AUDIO -COMM  DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET Reviews: 62 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Double ear headset boom mic for hf radio.
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/audio-comm?_rdc=1

You can write your own review of the AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET.

W3JJM Rating: 1/5 May 5, 2015 12:58 Send this review to a friend
YOU TAKE YOUR CHANCE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Electrical connections are made with tape. Very poor audio quality. Provider was not very helpful but polite. Bought the Koss SB45 from Walmart for 25.00 shipped to store. Much better value it seems. Threw the AudioComs in the trash.

KM1 Rating: 4/5 May 5, 2015 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Not bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's basically a gaming headset with a condenser mic, but the adapter is what makes it nice. Frankly, I would be unlikely to take the time to make the adapter myself.

It works great with a W2IHY 8 band EQ and Kenwood TS-450. With it set up like this, it works as well as the higher priced brand, gets good reports from other stations and is fairly comfortable to wear.

WA1BRI Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2015 15:18 Send this review to a friend
Very good unit!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought this for my IC-718. Works very well. Good quality audio and VOX works perfectly.
Company was quick to answer my questions.

KD2FIP Rating: 0/5 Mar 15, 2015 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Chinese junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It seems that there are quite a number of people who like this headset. I can understand that a 25.00 headset isn't going to give you the same performance as a 250.00 headset, but this one was just pure junk. I would have given it a 1, but it was so bad that it didn't even make that grade.

It locked up my KX3, caused it to frequency drift, and had the worst audio that I've ever heard. I contacted the seller and his response was to "read the manual" Well, I pretty much have my kx3 manual memorized, and the manual that came with the headset ... oh wait, there was no manual with the headset. For the money I spent, I just threw them out. They weren't even worth the postage it would take for me to return them.

Think about it, you have a 1500.00 radio and you buy a 25.00 headset? What was I thinking?

Like I said, there are a bunch of people who swear by these, so you pays your money and you takes your chances. For me, I'll save up for a Heil or just get a mid priced headset from Best Buy and if it doesn't perform, I can just return it.

WB2GFN Rating: 4/5 Feb 1, 2015 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Amazingly good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got it with the ptt. Had to use a stereo to mono adapter to work both ears on my IC7000, but I can hear well without the rig volume on max. Without changing mic gain, it does get the ssb out just a bit lower than the rig mic. Either I've got to talk a little louder or turn up the gain, to match the original output. Headband feels right, does not pinch my head.

WB4M Rating: 3/5 Oct 16, 2014 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Not impressed  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Same experience W8ASA described. They simply would not fit correctly, I had to hold the headphones against my ears. I could not adjust the head band to make them fit properly against my ears. I thought the construction overall was below average. I thought I'd try them due to the rave reviews in here and the price, guess I got what I paid for, a cheap headset.

NC4RP Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2014 08:57 Send this review to a friend
Great audio reports..excellent reception.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have tried other headsets at much higher prices and this beats them all. Works great on the Kenwood TS-590. Thanks and 73, Bob, NC4RP

KD4LDW Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2014 08:06 Send this review to a friend
Great audio reports, light weight,   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Best headset I've ever owned. The heil pro-6 was heavy, hot, and very uncomfortable, and did not work well with my Kenwood 590 ts. I recommend this to any ham operator. Great price also. 73 from Walt, NC3O.

W8ASA Rating: 4/5 Aug 18, 2014 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Don't quite fit correctly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received mine a few days ago, and use it with my IC-7600. I get good audio reports from others. However, I cannot seem to get it to conform to my head and ears. It needs more sideways pressure on the ears to help keep out external noise, and it does a terrible job at that. But, for $39, what can I expect?

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2014 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Perfect!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used this headset last month when I was operating W1AW/9. I made over 1500 contacts with it and had no issues. I had many great compliments on my audio and I enjoyed the receive through the headphones. You will not be sorry if you purchase this unit.