Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET Help

Reviews Summary for AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET
AUDIO -COMM  DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET Reviews: 52 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Double ear headset boom mic for hf radio.
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/audio-comm?_rdc=1

You can write your own review of the AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET.

KA9MFY Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2014 18:39 Send this review to a friend
Better than the high dollar one  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is my second set. And better than the high dollar Headset and at about a third of the price.
I am useing this set on my Icom IC-7000.
Have had great reports on the air. They are light and have had them on 10 to 12 hours during a contest and my ears do not seem to get tired or sore.
Going to try them on some of the other Icoms and see how they behave
All in all I cannot say enough good things about The Audio-Comm Headset. Try one and be convinced

HE9EZX Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2013 00:34 Send this review to a friend
High quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought two Audio-Comm Pro headsets and was absolutely pleased with the sturdy mechanical construction for their light weight. I have a number of competitor's headsets, but the Audio-Com is far superior, especially for its light weight giving comfort for hours.

I can only recommend this headset

73 de HB3YDH

KB0LCO Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2013 09:24 Send this review to a friend
perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have tried several mics with my jupiter and never was perfectly satisfied. After reviewing several headsets I chose these. They more than met my hopes. I now get every excellent reports. Set fits well on head, mic boom stays where you place it, all connectors fit snug.
Nice to see mic boom could be tightened if necessary. Would highly recommend. The seller was more than helpful with my questions.

KC4IWI Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2013 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Buy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine to nearly two years and agree with the positive review I posted in March 2010. The only issue I had was with the Boom separating from the headset ... nothing superglue couldn't fix. And they keep on working!

NW0LF Rating: 1/5 Dec 16, 2012 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Don't waste the money.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought one for my wife to give me as a birthday present (LOL). I tested it on my backup rig-ICOM-706-and found that the adapter didn't work. I plugged my old adapter back in and found that the mic has half the talk power that my Warren Gregoire headset mic that is 12 years old and still works FB. I like the feel of the headset but the boom on the mic is nowhere near long enough and the lack of talk power( 50 watts on the meter peak compared to a full 100 watts peak with the WG) even holding the mic right in front of my mouth is not a go for me. I will probably get another WG set.

73's Tom, NW0LF

N7ROX Rating: 4/5 Jun 13, 2012 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Good headset, but lots of markup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Overall I am quite pleased with my purchase. I did figure out that this headset is actually a Sonic HP-259 which is available from Newegg for $5.50 with free shipping - that irked me a little. I would buy again but not from Audio-Comm.

W5DPK Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2012 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this headset and mic on my Flex 5000 and the audio reports were very positive. Comfortable, lightweight and performance is excellent. I will buy some for the Icom Yaesu and Kenwood radios. Now I have my birthday and Xmas covered. Maybe fathers day also. HI HI

N2WGF Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2011 15:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Buy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Good performance, great price

9H1AA Rating: 4/5 Oct 13, 2011 08:22 Send this review to a friend
excellent value for money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
super fast delivery to 9H land, just 8 days. Headphones came in a cartoon box and nicely packed. I am using it with my Ft897D, and also with my main station radio the Icom IC776DSP, through a sperate lead/adapter which AudioComm can supply for any rig at an extra charge of 17 dollars. I had nothing except great results and reports from other station. The punch of the mic is enormous. It is an excellent value for money, and yes very light and comfy. rgds and 73s to all de George 9H1AA MALTA Island

G8FSO Rating: 4/5 Sep 19, 2011 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Light and comfortable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Right.

As I've only had these for a couple of weeks, my review is based on the use so far.

I ordered these from Alan via his E.Bay page, and it took them 3 weeks to arrive in the UK, and that is because to keep the cost down, Alan uses USPS which is dreadful to say the least.

On opening the box, I noticed that the packaging consisted of the headphones being wrapped in a plastic bag, with no further packing evident. On further inspection, one of the small plastic strips that is on the slot where the headband enters the cup, was broken, however this did not affect the performance of the headset itself, nor distract from the look as you can't see it when you wear them, but was a minor irritation nevertheless.

When the headset was connected to my TS480, only one of the headphones was working, so I e.mailed Alan about the 2 problems I had encountered so far, and to be fair to him, he offered to refund me if I wasn't happy, as long as I returned them.

I then discovered that by pulling out the jack plug slightly from the back of my radio's socket, I then got audio in both headphones. Mmmm....

The audio reports that I have had so far are very positive, and I have turned the gain down on my TS in order to achieve a very good audio level which has been met with a good response by all I've spoken to.

They are very light and are extremely comfortable during prolonged use, and Alan was kind enough to throw me an extra 3.5mm male/female jack plug in so I could plug them into my footswitch.

So let's sum up:

Are they of Heil quality...no.
Are they Heil price...no.
Are they an affordable alternative...yes.
Do they work as well...so far.
Will they stand the test of time...don't know yet.
If they broke, would I buy another set...probably.
Would I recommend them to my friends...I already have.

I have rated them 4 out of 5 because of the 2 minor problems I have encountered so far, however, I must stress that you could have similar problems with more expensive headsets, and based on that, I would rate the same if the same problem was occured.