Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET Help

Reviews Summary for AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET
AUDIO -COMM  DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET Reviews: 52 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Double ear headset boom mic for hf radio.
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/audio-comm?_rdc=1

You can write your own review of the AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2011 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Gerat Product! NO problems at all.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my headset for 18+ months now and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Transmit audio is good and it is comfortable to wear. A HEIL headset that I had suffered a broken boom clip (twice) and a mike failure after 9 months of service. Price is NOT always the indicator of quality and utility!

WI9M Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2011 05:42 Send this review to a friend
great fit, works super  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the headset 6 days after ordering. It works great on all the Kenwoods I own. It fits great, and audio reports are good. The Audio-comm double headset with boom Mic is a great buy.

TA1HZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2011 08:42 Send this review to a friend
good audio+good price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recieved the package (headset+ptt) in a very short time after my order. The local post is sometimes slow but this package came in real fast.
Tried it out last weekend before and during the Russian DX contest. Audio reports were better, compared to the fist mike of the Kenwood TS570D.
The ear pieces were comfortable, think about it after 4 hours of nonstop activity!!!
Used a Heil headset sometime ago and when you compare the price and the quality+the effectivity, your decision should be on this side. After all, you can also buy a VHF/UHF handheld (like Wouxun) with the price difference if you are an user like me. People might say Heil is better. It should offer quite a lot for that price. For 40$ what you get is like a full dinner(together with wine &dessert) for 5$. You should not complain that plates are made of plastic :) I think I will order the adaptor for Yaesu FT857D so that I will be use it out on the field as well!

K2GT Rating: 2/5 Mar 7, 2011 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Fell apart after a year  Time owned: more than 12 months
Most reviews, all high, are owners between 0-3 months. I felt the same way then. After 12 months (maybe 10 hours use) The ear pads have fallen off, the boom mic is loose and swings in the breeze, and the boom mic wires have broken so the mic no longer works. It is now a bulky, uncomfortable headset that I wasted 40 bucks on.

WD9CMD Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2011 13:38 Send this review to a friend
A great headset for the money!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the audiocom headset very promptly, and just in time to run a net on 40m. After a brief setup, on my TT Omni VII, I found the mic gain only needed to be a 15% for the mic to sound great. I get excellent signal reports with this headset, and, testing with several other hams, it sounds the same as a $300 audio technica condenser mic I've been using. The headset is very light and is hardly noticeable as compared to the higher priced headsets.

The cable has a volume control and is easily adjustable to match normal volume on my rig. Also, the cable seems to be a decent quality and should be serviceable for quite a while. After all, at this price, it sure don't have to last a lifetime!!

I will be trying it next on my Icom 7200 and expect it to be a keeper there too. Thanks Alan for an excellent affordable headset.
David Drake
Wd9cmd

M6MRP Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2011 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Affordable and functional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Came across this headset on ebay while searching for a converter to use an older converted for Kenwood ptt headset on my new Yaesu FT-817ND, contacted Audio-Comm about a converter and in the end decided to purchase a new headset with an extra Yaesu converter as the price was so reasonable.
The headset arrived here in the UK promptly, well packaged and perfect condition along with the two converters.
After unpacking I pluged everything into the correct skts and everything fitted fine, the incoming audio to the comfortable fit headphones was pleasant and clear, I set the VOX and gave the TX audio a quick test on low power via a dummy load, monitoring the signal on my TS-140s the audio sounds loud and clear both on FM and SSB, time for an on the air test, quickly found a group of locals on 2m and got unexpected reports of it being better than the std Yaesu fist mic!
Because of the good reports on the Yaesu I decided to give the headset a go on the old Kenwood as that has no squelch on SSB and drives the XYL mad "even better results" when used with the processor this very affordable head set out shines my brand new Kenwood fist mic and I was even asked if it was a Heil! I thought he was having a laugh untill I turned on the Yaesu to check for myself, very loud and still clear and crisp, I like this.
A point to note! whilst building a converter for the Kenwood with a cheap 8 pin plug I had lying about (not from Audio-Comm) I noticed the audio was intermitant and this was due to a bad connection on the old worn mic skt pins, this was a problem with a non Kenwood plug and worn pins not the headset, worth watching out for.
Also tested this headset against my old Tonk PTT headset system and a converted Nissei HT headset both on the Yaesu and both times the audio was reported to be better with the Audio-Comm headset.
Cant yet comment on the PTT facility on the converter lead as I dont have a foot switch.
Anybody needing a twin or single headset with a boom mic and not wanting to pay vast amounts of cash for a high end setup I recomend you try this system, even if you dont like it for this price you can stick them on the PC and use the converter to try others, but being totaly honest I think you will be pleasantly supprised, I was.
Phil.

NK1S Rating: 2/5 Dec 28, 2010 13:53 Send this review to a friend
Connector problems  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this headset because of the great reviews on this forum and the great price. I use the set with my Yaesu FT-897. Unfortunately, performance is very unpredictable. The earphones are great -- comfortable and block out all outside noise. But the mike is the problem. It will work fine during one transmission but at the next QSO, I get reports that there is no modulation, just a hiss when I try to transmit.

This problem cropped up just a week after I got the set, and Alan was very quick to send me a replacement connector, but within another week or two, the same problem developed. And so I'm doubtful that yet another replacement will make a difference.

N5VEG Rating: 4/5 Dec 13, 2010 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Decent headset, very comfortable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a Audio-Comm headset used at a hamfest this past weekend. It was set up with the Icom connector and a nice push to talk switch so I put it on my new IC718.

A test on 80 meters with some rag chew groups gave it great audio! One listener even told me to move the mic boom away from my head a little.(said it was too loud)

The recieve audio is very good and not distorted. The earmuffs are large,well padded and cover the entire ear. There is even a volume control on the headset line.

I would rate these a 4 out of 5.

Heil? no. Practical? YES!

W9BKR Rating: 3/5 Dec 8, 2010 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Had to return mine...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine just wouldn't work with any radio in the shack without RF getting into the audio. Sounded terrible, had to run at less than 50 watts..and then the audio sounded muffled. My hand mic sounded 300% better. Yeah, it is a cheap product but the boom mic was not very robust and poor freq response and wouldn't reach to the front of the mouth (boom part too short). I returned mine. Picked up a PROSET 4, %100 better....sorry I could get mine to work but could have just been defective out of the box which had been opened before I got it...

KE7HOP Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2010 10:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Reports  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This headset is the best $40 I've ever spent on improving my audio for the Icom 7000.
I also bought the Foot Pedal to go with this it is a great combination, really is plug and play.
Excellent audio reports from Locals and DX!
Overall I'm Very Pleased.
Thanks Alan