Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET Help

Reviews Summary for AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET
AUDIO -COMM  DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET Reviews: 57 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Double ear headset boom mic for hf radio.
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/audio-comm?_rdc=1

You can write your own review of the AUDIO -COMM DOUBLE EAR BOOM MIC HEADSET.

N7ROX Rating: 4/5 Jun 13, 2012 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Good headset, but lots of markup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Overall I am quite pleased with my purchase. I did figure out that this headset is actually a Sonic HP-259 which is available from Newegg for $5.50 with free shipping - that irked me a little. I would buy again but not from Audio-Comm.

W5DPK Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2012 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this headset and mic on my Flex 5000 and the audio reports were very positive. Comfortable, lightweight and performance is excellent. I will buy some for the Icom Yaesu and Kenwood radios. Now I have my birthday and Xmas covered. Maybe fathers day also. HI HI

N2WGF Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2011 15:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Buy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Good performance, great price

9H1AA Rating: 4/5 Oct 13, 2011 08:22 Send this review to a friend
excellent value for money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
super fast delivery to 9H land, just 8 days. Headphones came in a cartoon box and nicely packed. I am using it with my Ft897D, and also with my main station radio the Icom IC776DSP, through a sperate lead/adapter which AudioComm can supply for any rig at an extra charge of 17 dollars. I had nothing except great results and reports from other station. The punch of the mic is enormous. It is an excellent value for money, and yes very light and comfy. rgds and 73s to all de George 9H1AA MALTA Island

G8FSO Rating: 4/5 Sep 19, 2011 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Light and comfortable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Right.

As I've only had these for a couple of weeks, my review is based on the use so far.

I ordered these from Alan via his E.Bay page, and it took them 3 weeks to arrive in the UK, and that is because to keep the cost down, Alan uses USPS which is dreadful to say the least.

On opening the box, I noticed that the packaging consisted of the headphones being wrapped in a plastic bag, with no further packing evident. On further inspection, one of the small plastic strips that is on the slot where the headband enters the cup, was broken, however this did not affect the performance of the headset itself, nor distract from the look as you can't see it when you wear them, but was a minor irritation nevertheless.

When the headset was connected to my TS480, only one of the headphones was working, so I e.mailed Alan about the 2 problems I had encountered so far, and to be fair to him, he offered to refund me if I wasn't happy, as long as I returned them.

I then discovered that by pulling out the jack plug slightly from the back of my radio's socket, I then got audio in both headphones. Mmmm....

The audio reports that I have had so far are very positive, and I have turned the gain down on my TS in order to achieve a very good audio level which has been met with a good response by all I've spoken to.

They are very light and are extremely comfortable during prolonged use, and Alan was kind enough to throw me an extra 3.5mm male/female jack plug in so I could plug them into my footswitch.

So let's sum up:

Are they of Heil quality...no.
Are they Heil price...no.
Are they an affordable alternative...yes.
Do they work as well...so far.
Will they stand the test of time...don't know yet.
If they broke, would I buy another set...probably.
Would I recommend them to my friends...I already have.

I have rated them 4 out of 5 because of the 2 minor problems I have encountered so far, however, I must stress that you could have similar problems with more expensive headsets, and based on that, I would rate the same if the same problem was occured.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2011 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Gerat Product! NO problems at all.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my headset for 18+ months now and have had no problems whatsoever with it. Transmit audio is good and it is comfortable to wear. A HEIL headset that I had suffered a broken boom clip (twice) and a mike failure after 9 months of service. Price is NOT always the indicator of quality and utility!

WI9M Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2011 05:42 Send this review to a friend
great fit, works super  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the headset 6 days after ordering. It works great on all the Kenwoods I own. It fits great, and audio reports are good. The Audio-comm double headset with boom Mic is a great buy.

TA1HZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2011 08:42 Send this review to a friend
good audio+good price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recieved the package (headset+ptt) in a very short time after my order. The local post is sometimes slow but this package came in real fast.
Tried it out last weekend before and during the Russian DX contest. Audio reports were better, compared to the fist mike of the Kenwood TS570D.
The ear pieces were comfortable, think about it after 4 hours of nonstop activity!!!
Used a Heil headset sometime ago and when you compare the price and the quality+the effectivity, your decision should be on this side. After all, you can also buy a VHF/UHF handheld (like Wouxun) with the price difference if you are an user like me. People might say Heil is better. It should offer quite a lot for that price. For 40$ what you get is like a full dinner(together with wine &dessert) for 5$. You should not complain that plates are made of plastic :) I think I will order the adaptor for Yaesu FT857D so that I will be use it out on the field as well!

K2GT Rating: 2/5 Mar 7, 2011 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Fell apart after a year  Time owned: more than 12 months
Most reviews, all high, are owners between 0-3 months. I felt the same way then. After 12 months (maybe 10 hours use) The ear pads have fallen off, the boom mic is loose and swings in the breeze, and the boom mic wires have broken so the mic no longer works. It is now a bulky, uncomfortable headset that I wasted 40 bucks on.

WD9CMD Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2011 13:38 Send this review to a friend
A great headset for the money!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the audiocom headset very promptly, and just in time to run a net on 40m. After a brief setup, on my TT Omni VII, I found the mic gain only needed to be a 15% for the mic to sound great. I get excellent signal reports with this headset, and, testing with several other hams, it sounds the same as a $300 audio technica condenser mic I've been using. The headset is very light and is hardly noticeable as compared to the higher priced headsets.

The cable has a volume control and is easily adjustable to match normal volume on my rig. Also, the cable seems to be a decent quality and should be serviceable for quite a while. After all, at this price, it sure don't have to last a lifetime!!

I will be trying it next on my Icom 7200 and expect it to be a keeper there too. Thanks Alan for an excellent affordable headset.
David Drake