Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Nagoya NA-626 Help

Reviews Summary for Nagoya NA-626
Nagoya NA-626 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 1.2/5 MSRP: $$9.99
Description: Handheld Antenna for 144/430 mhz. Gain: 2.15dB V.S.W.R less than 1.5 Connector: SMA Weight: 29g Length: 211 mm
More info: http://web.my8d.net/nagoya1101/handheldantenna2.htm

You can write your own review of the Nagoya NA-626.

G0FTD Rating: 1/5 Jun 5, 2011 01:35 Send this review to a friend
Poor  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This antenna just doesn't cut the mustard on
2m or 70cm. A poor performer and not recommended.

I did wonder if it was me, but after looking at
the reviews on here it's kinda pleasing to know
that everyone else got poor results too.

N0FPE Rating: 0/5 Nov 25, 2009 20:25 Send this review to a friend
pass  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This antenna looks great, preforms as well as a rock. I take that back, at least a rock can be used to smash this thing up.

N4BFD Rating: 1/5 Nov 25, 2009 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Terrible  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own several Nagoya antennas, and most are great, however this little guy is the worst of the bunch.

Mechanically it's fine, I have it's larger brother and the whip on that one does not stay tight. This one however stays out when it's pulled out.

Down side is that it just performs terribly. I live 3 miles from the repeater and actually have noise on receive with this thing. It's also the only repeater I can hit with it. Several S-units down I'd say from about any other duck I have.

KJ4LYU Rating: 1/5 Jun 8, 2009 20:40 Send this review to a friend
Just won't cut it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The first antenna Nagoya sent me was broken. So I had to wait over three weeks for a replacement. I am testing this antenna out against a stock Yaesu antenna. Fully extended the antenna would receive slightly and I mean ever so slightly better than the stock antenna. When the antenna is not extended good luck receiving anything! I do not recommend this antenna! I know the price is what suckered me in. But in the end it was a waste of money.

WD5CCW Rating: 3/5 Aug 8, 2008 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Dual Band Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I gave it a rigorous test by comparing it to a Maldol MH-511, but instead the NA-626 was 3 s-units less and at times could not bring up the repeater. I only tested on 2 mtr since there is not a 70cm repeater around locally.

As far as size goes, it is smaller (in diameter) and taller when you extend it than my comparison antenna but is more FLEXIBLE which can be more forgiving.

I will conduct another report when I have tested out the 70cm part.