Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | MFJ-393 Boom-mic headphones Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-393 Boom-mic headphones
Reviews: 7 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: MFJ refers to this item as ProfessionalBoom-Mic Headphones
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ-393 Boom-mic headphones.

VE3JSO Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2014 13:36 Send this review to a friend
great head set for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i just got the mfj-393 with the 8 pin round for kenwood radios and the first time i used it i can really hear the weak signals better then the last headset that i used the only problem that i have seen is the adapter cable where you can plug in a ptt switch is that i find that the jack is a little lose but overall it is a real good headset

KP4MD Rating: 3/5 Oct 7, 2013 23:39 Send this review to a friend
Rebranded Inland 87052 PC headset/mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This $49.95 MFJ-393 headset does appear identical to the $10 Inland 87052 Headset http://inlandproduct.com/multimediaheadsetwithvolumecontrol.aspx

W4KVW Rating: 4/5 Feb 12, 2012 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Sounds GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't care who made them for MFJ I just know they sound GREAT on the air & are VERY comfortable on my head!I would have liked them better if the wires with the 3.5mm plugs were larger & that they had included the 1/4" adapter for the phone jack on the front of my rigs.If these two areas were corrected I'd have given them a 5 of 5.Some people will COMPLAIN about anything & you will NEVER make them HAPPY! I'm keeping mine & NOT asking for a REFUND from MFJ. }:>)

K5TVC Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2010 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Great piece of equipment  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used it daily for 6 years. Great audio, light weight. Great for hands off DXing.

KE7LGD Rating: 1/5 Sep 24, 2010 16:55 Send this review to a friend
GOT ROBBED ON THIS ONE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Why do they use the smallest wire they can for plug-in wires. CRAP! This headset works, BUT MFJ DID NOT MAKE IT, and the wires on the jumper to make it work on my 8 pin Kenwood are too small CHEAP! MFJ you ripped me off on this item, BIG TIME. I Use a number of your items in my shack, but really, "HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT ON THIS ONE?" You must be laughing all the way to the bank. It will have to do till I have the hard to come by cash to get a Better unit. SHAME ON YOU! ! ! !

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2008 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this product to use with my Kenwood TS2000X. I also purchased the MFJ-1709 Foot Switch to use with it. Both products have performed flawlessly both in my shack and when using this radio for Field Day, rover and Jota operations, away from the shack.

W1RPG Rating: 0/5 Aug 11, 2008 20:18 Send this review to a friend
Not the same as the original.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would like to preface this by saying that I based the purchase of this for the Icom & Yeasu 8 pin configuration on a headset that I had purchased in the mid 1990's from MFJ. Back than, the headset resembeled and performed like the Heil product of similiar design and was made for ham radio communications. I still use it today. The recent purchase of three MFJ-393 boom-mic headphones was for the local ham club station. The MFJ-393 of today is a rebranded pc computer boom-mic headphone. The phone jacks are 1/8". Depending on your radio, you can order it for Yaesu, Kenwood or Icom. It comes with the adapter for your rig. Documentation is minimal at best and the physical attributes leave much to be desired. The boom is a low grade support. The unit that arrived here was actually loose from its headset mounting. After closer observation, I realized that it was the same product that I had purchased in the autumn of 2007 at the local weekly fleamarket for only $8.00. At $8.00 the fleamarket vendor is making money. Can you imagine the markup that MFJ is making on this product. MFJ is simply buying these low quality items and rebranding them with two stickers on the blister pack. I have purchased MFJ products in the past without any issues until this recent purchase. I have since returned all for a refund. MFJ should be ashamed for offering this item under an assumed name. MFJ should go back to the way they were. Thank you to the guys at HRO in Salem, NH for their prompt service in handling the refund. I would recommend staying away from the MFJ-393 unless you plan to use it for your computer. For our ham radio use, look for something else such as the Heil line.