Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | MFJ 382 Amplified Speaker Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 382 Amplified Speaker
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: MFJs Deluxe ClearTone is an excellent 1 Watt amplified speaker for QRP, base station HT users, or mobile operation with radios requiring more volume. MFJ-382 gives superb, loud and powerful ClearTone audio. Speaker is 3 inches. Adjustable from barely audible to high volume, this rugged speaker is sturdy and compact. All metal cabinet with rubber feet measures 3 1/2 x 1 3/4 x 4 1/2 inches. On/Off button, uses 9 volt battery (not included) or 110 VAC with optional MFJ-1312D $14.95. Speaker cable included.
More info: http://mfjenterprises.com/

You can write your own review of the MFJ 382 Amplified Speaker.

K8CKC Rating: 1/5 Sep 14, 2013 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Nice tactical look but very bad performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased at a hamfest so my financial loss is minimal. Poor performer, unit has no volume control, it is either maximum or barely audible. I tested on numerous devices to determine if impedance was an issue and it wasn’t. No audio/logarithmic taper. Appears linear which won’t work for audio. Wouldn’t recommend.

K4TB Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2013 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Works Fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got one to use on Field Day for visitors to listen remotely to our satellite earth station, via its VR-5000 receiver. Plenty of volume, no noticeable distortion, no RF interference to the MFJ-382 despite it being located about 25 feet from the receiver with a long audio line right under the antenna of our 100w HF CW station. The volume control was easily adjustable and exhibit a smooth audio taper. If earlier units had a problem then MFJ has corrected that for sure. I am completely satisfied with its performance.

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2011 16:07 Send this review to a friend
Portable Sat Station  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needed more audio while conducting a portable satellite station contact a couple years ago at the Orange County Fair with Gordon West. This little amp mounted quite nicely on the end of my Arrow Antenna's boom. Plugged it in to my Yaesu speaker-mic's audio jack, and was REALLY HEARD WELL! I haven't removed it since - and use it for every demo and presentation. I turn the VOL control on my Yaesu FT-60R about 25-30% ON - and let the '382 do the rest of the work. Great addition for my portable sat station!

KJ6MC Rating: 2/5 Dec 6, 2008 17:53 Send this review to a friend
More MJF junk  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have not ordered from MFJ for a number of years, having been burned several times by their low quality products. The MFJ-382 certainly lives up to the "Mighty Fine Junk" promise. While producing a suitable "lo-fi" version of audio, the volume control is completely useless. Within the first 1/8th of a turn, the volume level goes from silent to maximum. It was so bad, that I returned it for replacement, thinking that certainly, there must be something wrong. Nope. Just a poorly engineered piece of electronic garbage.

K4ZNC Rating: 2/5 Aug 14, 2008 11:33 Send this review to a friend
Expected better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really wanted this speaker to work for me as my hearing is now slightly impaired, only to worsen with age. Speech clarity is OK, however, the volume control has a very limited range, so I don't get the benefit of varying the level of of a CW or SSB signal by increasing or decreasing the volume. Returned to MFJ via AES (who has always provided me with excellent service).

John K4ZNC