Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | BALUN DESIGNS Dual Core 4:1 Current Balun 5kw Teflon #4115 Help

Reviews Summary for BALUN DESIGNS Dual Core 4:1 Current Balun 5kw Teflon #4115
BALUN DESIGNS Dual Core 4:1 Current Balun 5kw Teflon #4115 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $97.95
Description: For the ham that wants the ultimate 4:1 current balun, this new dual core design fills the need! This is a balun originally designed by Guanella and subsequently improved by Dr. Jerry Sevick (W2FMI). By utilizing Thermaleze wire inserted in teflon tubes, Dr. Sevick was able to substantially increase the breakdown voltage between both conductors and windings while improving the overall input impedance. Building the balun with two separately wound cores (one for each conductor) creates 5kw of total power handling (10kw PEP) and greatly increases the inductive reactance.

More info: http://www.balundesigns.com/servlet/the-78/*NEW*-Dual-Core-4-cln-1/Detail

You can write your own review of the BALUN DESIGNS Dual Core 4:1 Current Balun 5kw Teflon #4115.

K9SRV Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2012 16:08 Send this review to a friend
Quality and ALL the phone support you need!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I won't re-hash all the other 5.0 reviews.
I bought the newer 4114 balun. This is designed for OCFDs that may run closer to trees, houses etc. than you would like,and it helps to keep interaction to a minimum.

Bob answers his phone on the first or second ring and will spend whatever time you need. You will never feel rushed or pushed, just given solid and proven info. Nuff said.

KK4DZE Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2012 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Success Finally  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I could bore you with a long story about how I have tried so many dipole antenna configurations that didn't work, but I won't. I finally constructed the off-center dipole shown on Balun Design's website. I then purchased his 4115ocf 4:1 balun from Bob.

I have disconnected my MFJ antenna tuner and I use new the antenna without it. I have the following SWR readings. 75m, 2.5; 40m, 1.01; 20m 1.4; 15m, 2.25;12m, 1.3. I am very happy with the results, and I am getting good signal reports.

LA2RRA Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2012 18:11 Send this review to a friend
No more rfi !!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have killed usb ports in my pc.But putting in ofc balun 4115 ontop my glassfiber mast at appx 12 meters no more problems. I also put in 1:1 balun at 6,7 meters down on my coax..superb.
I run easy 700w on this superb baluns :-) withouth any problems any more.
I realy recomand this baluns.
My home made carolina windom is 15,24 m x 25,30 m and 1 : 1 balun at 6,7 m down at coax.
Yes i know there are 1:1 isolation on top inside 4115 but i like to have dobble isolation.
Now im writing this rewiew i hear usa on my new windom...im very happy.
Lars M in Norway

VK4TUX Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2011 05:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use one on a 41.5m (27.5/14m) ocf dipole for all of my HF activity. This balun leaves the others for dead, and really is in it's own league at the peak of possible performance.

The radiation current is in the antenna legs where it belongs, and not in the feedline, which provides optimum ocfd performance in my opinion and experience, having tried carolina style setups & variations etc..

Because the so-239 in mounted from within you need to be careful on the length of the plug collar as it may well seat on the plastic bottom before the core is seated properly and firm. I trimmed mine 1/8" with a cutoff wheel (angle grinder), and that worked out very well.

Wise to check the side lug connection (I crimp and solder wire to lugs) nuts are tight again before the antenna goes up as well, as these can be inadvertently loosened during antenna setup on the ground.

Adrian ... vk4tux

VE7ZN Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2011 18:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Good build quality, solid performance. Pretty much eliminated my RFI issues. Had used a combination of beads and toroid CM chokes but still had some problems on some bands, especially when QRO. Bob is a terrific guy to do business with and I highly recommend his company.

K4GNO Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2010 09:00 Send this review to a friend
WONDERFUL PRODUCT  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS BALUN FOR AN OCF 130' ANTENNA---FIRST CLASS QUALITY AND THE ANTENNA WORKS LIKE A CHARM---RUNNING 600 WATTS I GET 5-9 REPORTS IN EUROPE---

K5BJM Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2009 05:31 Send this review to a friend
GREAT BALUN  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is nice to see Quality Made in USA!! One of the best baluns I have ever seen or used!

WD9CMD Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2009 12:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this balun in the OCF version to give a try to an off center fed dipole. The results were better than expected. The balun is a very high quality product. Since I run an amplifier quite often, I wanted a balun that will take the high rf and live a long life. This balun is the ticket!! Bob is excellent to deal with and very fast shipping. A credit to amateur radio.
73's, David

W0BUW Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2009 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Best torroid design to date.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been designing and using air baluns since 1949. I have been able to make air baluns, that function on all the ham bands with great success. There are many Balun designs for sale on the internet. I just purchased a model 4115T to be used at high power on my V Beam to Europe. The reason I previously stayed away from Torroid Baluns is the fact that they saturate at high power and degrade there use rapidly. Bob, KZ5R has designed a high power torroid balun that, because of the permability factor is an ideal core for our frequencies.I have conducted detailed tests on my dual scope and his balun is one of the best balanced I have tested to date.
The quality of this balun is perfect. The best hign power 4:1 current balun to date. Buy it with confidence.
Boyd, W0BUW

SV2BWM Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2008 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Recommended!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have this balun with a vertical mast 7.8m and some ground radials. This antenna tunes very easy from 80m to 6m with the help of LDG-1000. Reports are very good for such a simple antenna...