Reviews Categories | Direction Finding equipment | Microhunt Foxhunting Beacon Help

Reviews Summary for Microhunt Foxhunting Beacon
Microhunt Foxhunting Beacon Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $59.00
Description: A small, standalone 50mw fox transmitter.
More info: http://www.silcom.com/~pelican2/PicoDopp/MH_MORE.html

You can write your own review of the Microhunt Foxhunting Beacon.

KD8EUR Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2009 08:58 Send this review to a friend
Out of the box Foxhunt TX  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered my MicroHunt on Tuesday and it came 3 days later. You can't ask for much faster than that. Bob answered all my my questions quickly and made some good suggestions for the setup.

I took it out of the mailbox, put a 9V batt on it and its up and running. Had a ham buddy who lives a few blocks away listen for it on his HT. He could hear it just fine. Then 10 minutes later I see my buddy walking down the street with his directional antenna having some foxhunt fun.

I looked into building my own setup or trying to build something to key up an old HT but after getting this I wouldn't waste my time. The whole thing is about an inch by .75 inches.

A+ product!

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2008 20:10 Send this review to a friend
Cool Package  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a high quality, inexpensive product. Very compact, preassembled. When you order you must specify the DF message. The build is 100 percent surface mount components, and utilizes a PIC microprocessor for control and programming. Power output is about 50mW. A variety of other products are available. I had no problems and shipping was FAST.