Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur HF+6M+VHF+UHF models - not QRP <5W | Yaesu FT-DX570 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-DX570
Yaesu FT-DX570 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: High Power HF rig
More info: http://www.foxtango.org

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-DX570.

KB1OOX Rating: 4/5 Sep 19, 2009 17:36 Send this review to a friend
so far..so good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
well i just got my FTdx-570 the other day.. i have the D104 with the d10a ssb head ..going in to mine dentron super tuner. out to a g5rv..i have only use it on 80/75 meter sofar but it works good .. i had a lot of hams tell me that it sounds good .. so ..so far ..so good

K9FE Rating: 4/5 Mar 16, 2002 22:41 Send this review to a friend
A Powerhouse that could heat my shack  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was my first radio after I earned my general in 1970. What a great radio. Just don't turn it off if you are going to use it within a couple of days.(remember the standby switch?) Really drifted for the first 2 hours. This radio has enough tubes to heat your shack in the winter. Great audio, put out big power (500+ watts PEP) Had to run separate power to keep the line voltage from sagging in the shack...but the computer didn't care...it did not even exist! Was a little bit of a challenge running slow-scan with the thermal drift. Had to keep it under 150 watts and it was ok. Had a great VFO feel however.

Power supply caps had to be replaced twice in 6 years. Probably because of the heat in the rig.

If I can ever find one around in decent shape I might pick it up just for the nostalga of my first rig. I also had the little sister FTdX-401 and it was ok, but the 570 was a treat. This was not a boat anchor...it was a ship anchor...but I loved it.